Car & Bike TestDriven: The New KTM Duke 200 Launched in India

Aaww... I knew Bajaj- Kawasaki were in partnership for a log time. How can i forget hoodibaba
<

Didn't know the Bajaj is marketing Kawasaki. I thought they are on their own now
<

Anyway, will visit them this weekend to have a real feel of the bike.
<

Thanks for explaining
<

Its India mate, anyone standing around the bike will try to fiddle with anything which can be moved, opened, twisted lol. I don't think front shocks are adjustable.

heheh..thats true.. but it will be a little funny if some ignorant idiot opens the coolant cap while its hot and gets the lesson of his lifetime to keep his underdeveloped mind inside his underwear when he is outside home.
<
<

Aaww... I knew Bajaj- Kawasaki were in partnership for a log time. How can i forget hoodibaba
<

Didn't know the Bajaj is marketing Kawasaki. I thought they are on their own now
<

no.. only the Ninja..

and yeah.. the Hoodibaba hoodibaba hoodibaba hoo ads were pathetic. . but its still fun to remember..

It makes even more sense as the new Pulsar 200NS will be priced @ over 1 lakh on road. I managed to call OSL Bajaj in Calcutta yesterday and the lady confirmed it over the phone. This is what she said and I can quote "Shaar eeeit wheel bhee praaiced obhaar 1 lakh on road".

Get the KTM its as good as bikes get !

yep.. .everyones right.. bajaj has got it right with KTM and their choice of the bike to launch.. and personally, i think people should buy the KTM instead of the pulsar, as it will also give them to experience a new product from a new company instead of dealing with the drawbacks of a bajaj engine and gearbox again..

Prices of KTM Power Wear and Power Parts ,got a mail that they are available now from KTM Store,Vizag

Vented Jacket – Medium

Vented Jacket – Large

Radical Gloves - Blk – Large

Crashpad - Front

Tankpad

Tankcap sticker

Rim - Sticker Set –Orange

Rs,1450 for a tankpad! It better be made of the softest possible material to protect the manhood of the guy riding the bike.

Rs,1450 for a tankpad! It better be made of the softest possible material to protect the manhood of the guy riding the bike.

belt buckle/pant button!

it saves the tank from them.

that mere 2mm pad cant even save a rats' rathood
<

ontopic-

whats the waiting period for KTM @ Chennai?

-----------------------

lol @ post #

Here in Ahmedabad the Ktms are delivered in under 15 days. I am not taking the plunge because I want to see the final on road price for the Pulsar 200NS. If its above 1 lakh on road, I am going for the KTM. Btw there's a Rs.2500 ~ Rs.3000 price hike in the on road price for the KTM.

wtf @ bajaj pro biking @ adyar (chennai)

went there to get payment details, & the showroom is closed :\

didnt know these showroom are closed on sundays (noon)
<

the Honda showroom opp. it was open
<
||

belt buckle/pant button!

it saves the tank from them.

that mere 2mm pad cant even save a rats' rathood
<

ontopic-

whats the waiting period for KTM @ Chennai?

-----------------------

lol @ post #

They will tell you 60days now. But as the talks are going on other forums. They say that the showroom is flooded with bike and you get the delivery within a week if u pay full payment as some deliveries were cancelled due to exam season. Just visit the showroom and check.

wtf @ bajaj pro biking @ adyar (chennai)

went there to get payment details, & the showroom is closed :\

didnt know these showroom are closed on sundays (noon)
<

<
||

Yes, its sad in chennai that the showroom is closed on sunday. Even they close the showroom by evening 7pm on weekdays. This makes very difficult for the office goes to visit the showroom.

wtf @ bajaj pro biking @ adyar (chennai) went there to get payment details, & the showroom is closed :\ didnt know these showroom are closed on sundays (noon)
<
<
||

all the showrooms atleast in my city are closed on sundays. the honda showroom must be exception.. (owner must be quite sensible) I have always felt that such showrooms should definitely be open on Sundays, because most of the people have time only on Sunday to go there and check out the vehicles and have test drives.. i never understand why people who directly cater to the consumer market dont get this???? they can always be closed on some other weekday when business is expected to be slow..

thats the problem, i had office on saturday so couldnt go there, when i went on sunday the showroom is closed
<

they should close it it on tuesday as most ppl dont book vehicles on this day (religious
<
)

wtf man!

theres' ONLY ONE KTM showroom in chennai :\:\:\

& thats at adyar - jai bajaj...

Khivraj, KLN dont have it.

what kind of cock up is this? :\

ok.. people.. enough of discussion on this bike and performance figures and brochure specs... now i am more interested in directing this thread towards performance and cosmetic mods.. although, i personally wouldnt wanna do anything to the body..i am definitely interested if people have tweaked and modded their engines to squeeze out more power from their engines.. i know this engine is capable and can easily churn out atleast another 4 to 5 bhp with some modding..

people who now own the bike.. request to take some time off on weekends and upload descriptive videos with you and your bike and your personal take on things about the bike.. requesting the guys to be as much like Jeremy Clarkson as possible..

^^ Yes it can do it. did it myself and then said my prayers for being alive. there's this performance auto company in navi mumbai -- vashi - which will remap the ecu so you can get 30-32 bhp for 7-8k. you can remove it and ship it to them - they will program it for you and send it back to you in 3 days. it doesn't tamper with the warranty of the bike.

Back