TES V: Skyrim - Discussion Thread

Well it messes up the main quest in such a way that you cannot progress ahead. I wanted to complete all the side quests and approach the main quest. And what remained was the faction quest ultimately. So I went ahead with it and it wouldn't budge! I mean the guy doesn't do anything in my case. Don't want to expand any further. I'd suggest you to either pause the current faction quest and do the remaining side quests OR reload a previous save before you started the faction quest and complete the main mission and come back later. The downside is once you are done with the main mission, you may not feel like attempting any more quests.
<

How does this mess with the other main/side quests? Console commands won't help?

The only thing that helps you out of this mess is the console command. You will have to refer to the Skyrem UESP to find out what is the command.

You keep referring to side quest and faction quest, what's the difference between the two? If the glitch can be solved by console command, I'm OK with it. I did the same, with one of my earlier quest, as it just refused to progress.

I remember doing the Civil War questline last but I had left out doing a sidequest called "Blood on the Ice'. That quest becomes glitched after the Civil War questline and I could never get around to complete it sadly.
<

Did Bethesda never address this issue? This is seriously retarded.

The actual problem with this quest after I completed the Civil War questline was this:

I had sided up with the Imperial Legion and so after the Civil War questline was complete the Windhelm guards were replaced by the Imperial Legion soldiers and that Windhelm guard who was suppose to be there to progress the said quest wasn't there anymore, thus making the quest come to a half-way halt!

I read later that Bethesda came up with a solution to this with their later patches, but I was done with Skyrim by then so didn't go back and try.

You keep referring to side quest and faction quest, what's the difference between the two?

By side quests I mean those extermination quests, fetch quests etc. By faction quest, I mean those that are related to the faction alone.

Most glitches can be solved using the command prompt but problem is this is like fast forwarding through a movie. You did not see or understand what happened in between the sequences skipped.

#[member='Gannu'], that is how i watch most of the hindi movies ..
<

On topic, Have any of you guys tried the youtube methods to make ur weapon super elite ? How high did u reach ?

Any pointers on how to start the Daedric quests? I had already completed Azura's quest, but at the time, I didn't even know it was a part of the Daedric quest.

Boring and flat combat, mind boggling amount of quests, ultra huge map, am just level 15 and thinking of giving up already despite kinda liking the storyline.

Me too. I'll probably complete the Dark Brotherhood quests and finish off the main questline. Just have one more Daedric quete remaining.
<

Boring and flat combat, mind boggling amount of quests, ultra huge map, am just level 15 and thinking of giving up already despite kinda liking the storyline.

I do not know what to say. Maybe you've felt it to be boring because you haven't explored the map? The map is huge, yes but it is for a reason. There are countless things you could keep doing and not get bored. Combat is useless but have you taken down a giant yet? A mammoth? An ancient dragon? A dragon priest? You need to level up, acquire yourself with the best armor and weapons and face them. Smithing is so much fun. Unfortunately I do not remember much since it has been close to 3 months since I've completed the title but this comes as a complete shocker to me!

Tastes differ.My feeling is exact for mass effect games when it enters into those long endless conversation mode.But i love this game.

I do not know what to say. Maybe you've felt it to be boring because you haven't explored the map? The map is huge, yes but it is for a reason. There are countless things you could keep doing and not get bored. Combat is useless but have you taken down a giant yet? A mammoth? An ancient dragon? A dragon priest? You need to level up, acquire yourself with the best armor and weapons and face them. Smithing is so much fun. Unfortunately I do not remember much since it has been close to 3 months since I've completed the title but this comes as a complete shocker to me!

Yeah I did take down a mammoth for its tusk, after a good cat run fight..
<

I have no idea about smithing or excavating ore's n stuff.I just did the college of winterhold quest, and boy it was boring, couldn't wait for it to end..

I guess am not suited for such big open world RPG's..I usually dont spend more than 30-40hours for a game(lose interest after that unless its really good), and this game as far as I can see demands a hell lot more than that.

Gonna kill that morokei biatch tonight and continue only with the main quest for the story and be done with the game asap!

Morokei is a dragon priest and requires the best of the best! Be prepared.

You weren't kidding.Damn me @ lvl 15 is no match for that biatch Morokei, 3 lightning bolts and I die, but in my third attempt luckily stumbled upon a glitch after using slow mo shout, he got stuck in a place and never moved, I rained arrows to his head
<

Now I am the arch-Mage of the college of winterhold also I have Morokei's mask and arch mage's robes..200% magicka regeneration WOoT!!!!
<

Now I am the arch-Mage of the college of winterhold also I have Morokei's mask and arch mage's robes..200% magicka regeneration WOoT!!!!
happy55.gif

Don't rely on them for close combat. Mage's robes are usually weak armour and hence won't do much good when attacking an enemy head-on. Use these in areas where you have ample space to move around and don't have tight corners.

You weren't kidding.Damn me @ lvl 15 is no match for that biatch Morokei, 3 lightning bolts and I die, but in my third attempt luckily stumbled upon a glitch after using slow mo shout, he got stuck in a place and never moved, I rained arrows to his head
happy55.gif

happy55.gif

Please don't ditch that mask or sell it. You are going to need it sometime later when you have the rest of the Dragon Priests' masks.

Back