TE Patron

renegade

Staff member
Super Mod
Dec 31, 2004
Pune
Hi Mods,
I have a small question, I thought I wanted to support the website, when I went to the page I realized it only accepts a card, so is there anyway you guys could include other payment methods like UPI ?
If you connect your TE account with Google account then it supports Google pay too.

Reactions: puns

renegade

Staff member
Super Mod
Dec 31, 2004
Pune
patron.png

@puns - It can be found here.

puns

Staff member
Super Mod
Mar 24, 2005
Mumbai
Can Partons change their user ID?

anyone can change user id if they have been around a while. click on your profile ... top right and then go to account details.
@Renegade maybe patron users get to change their id or other benefits. seeing so many people changing id. just a thought for something extra for being a patron user

Viz

Disciple
Oct 24, 2014
I can’t change my user id, only “Edit Profile banner” is available. I don’t post much so the posts are not many in my 6 years on TE.
Any other option to change the user name?

renegade

Staff member
Super Mod
Dec 31, 2004
Pune
anyone can change user id if they have been around a while. click on your profile ... top right and then go to account details.
@Renegade maybe patron users get to change their id or other benefits. seeing so many people changing id. just a thought for something extra for being a patron user
Thats a good thought. Will work on enabling this.

Reactions: SunnyBoi

soulweaver

Nice is Free
Patron
Sep 2, 2005
Guys, why has this been so silent? I had to search for this. I think, there should be a prominent banner/CTA which says become a patron. Did I miss something somewhere? Please attribute it to my advancing age... :p

Edit:

Also, can we have the badge of a different colour? The yellow is visible for sure, but looks... how do I be delicate? :p

Last edited:
Reactions: PradUp and SunnyBoi

soulweaver

Nice is Free
Patron
Sep 2, 2005
@renegade are there any subtle prompts/banners/easy ways for regular members to become patrons?

I mean, I have barely seen any regulars with the patron badge, so I was wondering.

Most of us here am sure use adblocks, so was wondering if there was a way for someone new to navigate easily?

renegade

Staff member
Super Mod
Dec 31, 2004
Pune
Based on all good suggestions from members and staff members will make a few changes in this month
  • Make Patron more visible
  • Make market section section accessible with Patron. The thought being that is twofold: 1. if you are supporting TE then you should be able to access all the sections. 2. Payment transaction adds a layer of traceability and trust.
  • Will also enable a reasonable tier for Resellers so that it becomes transparent instead of proxy deals which get questioned.