TE in full HD :)

Nir-V-aNa

Disciple
As some of you might already know, I recently upgraded my 17" lcd to a 23" led and after 6 years I finally saw TE in full HD
<

Apart from an issue I have posted in the initial thread the monitor seems to work great. I also bought a Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet and replaced my 6 year old MS keyboard with a new TVS-E Gold Mechanical Keyboard. And if it counts as a buy worth mentioning, a 32 gb Transcend Pen drive (Oh well, mention worthy or not its utility is unquestionable
<
)

So here are the pics!

2l347.jpg

The packaging is pretty solid from Asus & the thermocol protector is shaped exactly as per the shape of the monitor so it doesn't move inside the box. The monitor was packed in portrait mode and was a cinch to set-up.

14c66xl.jpg

My set-up
<

11abgcj.jpg

The monitor in question. I personally prefer a glossy finish as it looks classier but I guess the matte finish goes well with the matte finish of the keyboard and tablet. The red line at the bottom is a good touch. I love the buttons on this...not too hard, not too soft....just perfect. And I'm happy the power indicator led is tiny as the big ones distract me a lot, especially when I'm working.

2vd1nir.jpg

The display is absolutely brilliant. The default brightness is set to 100 which to be honest will burn through your eyes if you stare at it for too long. I keep the brightness high only when I'm working on images or I'm watching movies from a distance. When I'm on TE, the white background makes it necessary for me to turn the brightness right down to 0. Even with the lights on. And even that takes a toll if I stare at a long post for too long or if I'm making a long post like this one
<
( Any option to change the TE skin to something darker, one that I can use in the dark at night...?)

63ye76.jpg

The Wacom Bamboo. Its the medium one (6 x 9). Makes working a lot faster once you're used to it and I personally find it difficult to work with a mouse now that I have been working on one for a couple of years.

24o96yp.jpg

The TVS-E Gold Keyboard. I love the typing sound it makes, so didn't exactly have to get used to it (Not the same case with my mom, she feels a new keyboard should not make "so much noise"). Its new, so typing on it is silky smooth
<
Lets see how it works over the years. The board finishing (not the keys) is grainy, not something I was expecting but once it's there for a couple of days it grows on you.

Damages :

Asus PA238Q = Rs. 17,500/- (PrimeAbgb)

TVS-E Gold Keyboard = Rs. 1500/- (PrimeAbgb)

Wacom Bamboo One Medium = Rs. 3600/- (Detect Computers, Andheri West)

Transcend 32GB Pen Drive = Rs. 1700/-

Delivery charges from PrimeAbgb = Rs. 200/-

Total Expenses = Rs. 24,600/-

A special mention for #primeabgb here. The transaction went smooth right from the beginning. I called them up to enquire about the products and I was asked to send an email regarding the same. The mails were replied to pretty quickly by Mr. Swapnil, including the follow up email with a few doubts and questions that I had. The transaction details were handled over the phone by Ms. Rashmee who was very courteous and prompt in her handling. They also provided COD service since I was a local buyer, don't know about out of town purchases. The delivery was made as per schedule and the delivery guy waited with me patiently and even helped me set up the monitor and keyboard. I offered him some extra money apart from the delivery charges for helping me out and as a token of appreciation but he politely refused. Thank you sir for some great service, you will have my future business and from the people who consult me about these things
<
<

And finally, sorry for the grainy images...the only cameras I had access to are a blackberry and a galaxy ace
<

Great purchase loved the monitor and the bamboo as well!!,would love to few pics with great wallpapers on the monitor,congrats!
<

Congrats on the LCD
<
It is a good one.

I reviewed it few months back but lost all the data when my intel ssd crashed
<

Any backlight bleed ?

Back