TATA Indicom WIMAX

I have recently shifted to a place in Gurgaon where airtel doesnt have broadband service :)chair: airtel ) and so i decided to do go with TATA wimax.

i had taken a postpaid 256 kbps unlimited, and so i had an option of taking a static ip, which i had taken. the installation was done within 4 days of the application. immediately after connecting i saw that i had a dynamic ip instead of a static one.. :-[

i told this to the installation guy and i was told i needed to call customer care for that. i was like wtf... my first day with the connection and i have to call customer care :S

anyway i tested the connection speed in fron of the guy and it gave me a bandwidth of 257k down and arnd 250 k up. i was satisfied and he left. and then i started up utorrent to check torrent speeds and i saw speeds of around 10 Kbps :huh: i tried downloading a file from http and saw a dl speed of 12 Kbps.:huh: :huh:

i was suddenly having a feeling of sinking somewhere deep.. i rechecked the connection speed from sppedtest.net and i got a max dl bw of 50kbps !!!!!!! i was like :eek:

i made my second call to customer care.. and the guy was extremely sorry for my inconvenience :mad: :mad: and gave me a complaint number after trying to guide me through dns flushing, deleting temporary files and disabling firewall and antivirus... all because i was getting dl speed of 6 Kbps in a 256 kbps connection!!!!! (who are these guys????)

I was supposed to get a call by 10 pm tonight... and I am yet to receive one ....:bomb:

sorry for the rant..but ohh.. my hopes of uninterrupted downloads by getting a personal connection after 6 months :'(

:rofl::rofl:

why did you take junkdicom wimax? :p i have the same and totally suffering :| junk the connection asap.

yeah TATA sucks. I also dont have Airtel BB network in my area..so , once I thought to take TATA..but than finally taken MTNL BB. But MTNL BB is also not good. Most of time I get "authentication fail" error. Than I have restart modem to fix it.

they called me up today morning, 5 mins before i was leaving for office and gave me the static ip, making me 15 mins late.

and those id**ts are telling me that i am getting a slow download speed because i am downloading from outside servers and i would be getting full speed if i downloaded from indicom servers..:annoyed:

then when i told him i had scanned the ports and all my incoming connections are blocked, and hence i was getting good upload but poor download, he told me he needed more time to look into the issue and he would call me back again. :frusty:

why did you take junkdicom wimax? i have the same and totally suffering junk the connection asap.

why had YOU taken it?:p same reason here.. i hadnt known it would be such a junk... :no:

tatas big problem was that they shared cabling with local cable guys and hence had horrible connectivity. thought that the lack of wire in WIMAX would solve that... obviously i made a mistake. :|

I've taken a TATA Indicom Wimax connection too, strangely download isn't the problem. Its the DNS... sometimes it just takes like forever to logon to a page.

My roomie has talked to the Customer Service but nothing much has changed

Back