Car & Bike Swift LXI (first service)

H_D

Adept
We bought our Swift LXI (White) in the first week of this month since its first service interval is coming nearby therefore i would like to have some suggestions regarding the procedure/steps and approximate cost of the first service.

I have clocked ~400km on the odometer till now and i would really appreciate suggestions for the recommended service centers, also i live in South Delhi.

Regards

400km is very low for 1st service. what is range given in manual? it should be 1000-1500km. take her on some long trips which include some bad roads so you can have list of small problems before going for 1st service. and always do it at company owned service center.

for more car related answers go to TeamBHP

maruti company owned service centre in NARAINA...

It's the best Service centre For Maruti i have evr Seen + its just 100mts away frm my home.!!

el33t said:
The First service should be at 1000 KM. Atleast it was for my Swift Diesel. Lookup here for M.A.S.S.

http://www.marutisuzuki.com/dealer.aspx?cid=08&sid=DL&did=Service

They will change the Engine oil in 1st service due to engine run-in. It should cost you around 1K bucks. But make sure you do a good run-in of the car.

Here is TBHP article:

ARTICLE: How to Run-In your new car - Team-BHP

After 1st service drive the car as if you stole it. :D

Enjoy the Swift ride, it rocks!

Regards,

Sameer.

Thanks for a detailed reply. yes, according to their user manual it says 1000km or 1month whichever comes first, so i am looking forward to make the use of free service coupn or it will get wasted.

The reason why i wasn't able to run-in because of my exams but i hope even ~400km will not be a problem, and i am not that good of a driver also as i did put some scratches on it in the first week only. I was even scared to take it to the highway lol.

But will it really be a problem making first service at ~400km ? I also filled the team-bhp sign up form i hope i will get cleared :D

Run-in of new engine is important to allow it to rev freely and perform efficiently. Though new engines are run at high revs using a computer before installation, it is still important to run-in the engine. This is all explained and discussed in the TBHP article as well.

Different cars have different service interval. For eg. Fiat Punto 1st service is at 3000 KM or 3 months whichever earlier. If you can't manage to run-in the engine then go-ahead with the service interval as recommended by Maruti. But don't waste the service coupon. Please read the Warranty policy limitations.

Scratches and dents will happen till you get used to the car ;) Don't worry and don't fix it yet. Fix it once you have enough of them and when you too have set in with the car.. hehe ;)

And best of luck to get your registration approved on TBHP. I got in, in second attempt haha. But you have access to all the forum sections if you only want to research. So, getting approved really doesn't matter unless you want to actively participate in the discussions

Thank for that :) So, finally being very frank and straight forward what will you suggest me to do ... run it till 1000kms or go for the service :p

I think you started this topic because you have completed 1 month and 400 KMs :p. Try to put more quick KMs if possible and then go for the service. If you cannot then go for the service.

I went for the service today. It was a very pleasant experience. I didn't have to shell out even a single penny except that i exclusively asked them to remove my scratches with rubbing/polishing whatever it's called and that too at just rs50 haha.

cool. Did the bill mention about oil change? I think for petrol it might be in 2nd service. I just checked my Service manual and "Engine Oil replace" on 1st service coupon is mentioned with "Diesel" in brackets. For my Swift D oil change was @ 1000 KM. I had completed that in 1 week ;)

I know about the rubbing compound they use for removing minor surface scratches. You should have kept the scratches. kissi ki nazar nahi lage gi :D

el33t said:
cool. Did the bill mention about oil change? I think for petrol it might be in 2nd service. I just checked my Service manual and "Engine Oil replace" on 1st service coupon is mentioned with "Diesel" in brackets. For my Swift D oil change was @ 1000 KM. I had completed that in 1 week ;)

I know about the rubbing compound they use for removing minor surface scratches. You should have kept the scratches. kissi ki nazar nahi lage gi :D

No, there was no oil change for my car in first service and he said it will be done in the second service.

Bad news! Yesterday i was driving at night for the first time and while taking a left turn towards my house, an i10 was standing there and by mistake i did put a dent on my car on the left wheel arc. FML

You are one of the many who experience this with their new cars ;) myself did it once, in the 2nd week, to my Swift while reversing. My usually alert eyes missed a raised stone which damaged my bumper and dent on the hatch... and this is my 3rd car from maruti :)

well you can use that coupon to get your car washed for free + you can get the basic service done if you want to.

what i do is i use the coupon in time so that the vehicle carries it's warranty,by not using the coupon in time your vehicle warranty may void if noticed.

so,if my car is clocked less then i basically get my car washed and get the service done on 2nd service.. :)

Back