Laptops Suggestion needed for new Laptop

Adept
hello friends,
wanna a buy a laptop for my brother,

*Budget? (no more than Rs 1,00,000)

*primary usage for the notebook be? (high wifi range/office apps/latest softwares support (esp. web development, software programming) /good multimedia support )

* (C2D, 2GB RAM, Decent Graphics Card) is preferable.

* High Battery life and backup

* LED keyboard and backlite.

i have thought of Apple MacBook Pro C2D 2.4GHz

want your advice, if any other recommendation

thankin in advance,

or u could go for dv5-1221TX

has 512MB 9600M GT graphics card. price is almost 65k incl tax.

or stretch budget and buy Dell XPS 1730. but its heavy.

anjath said:
or u could go for dv5-1221TX

has 512MB 9600M GT graphics card. price is almost 65k incl tax.

or stretch budget and buy Dell XPS 1730. but its heavy.

Skip the XPS 1730. Its a very old model in need of much needed updates. Check out the DV5. Though currently, the new macbook pros seem to be a pretty good bet to me in the high end high power price range :)

EDIT: The Studio XPS 16 (starting 65-70k) is a great laptop as well. You can upgrade all the components. It will increase performance like anything, raise prices, but still be in your budget :) Do give it a lok ;)

Something else that might be helpful in the search, at least as far as comparing what's out there, is the Laptop Scout application: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-laptop-scout/default.aspx It’s a handy little resource that you can use to compare various models in order to see which one will give you the best value for your money.
You can compare and contrast different systems/brands, and make sure that you get the most for your money.
At the very least, it’s a good way of wrapping your head around what’s out there in the laptop world. Keep in mind that the site lists systems in US dollars. With your budget (100,000 rs), you've got a max budget of about $2074 American.

Good luck shopping! I hope it’s useful, let me know if you have any other questions!
Thanks,
Cody
Windows Outreach Team

Back