PC Peripherals Suggestion for PSU within 2.5k

devilishevil

Disciple
I got a new PALIT gts 250 512mb card, but it makes my pc shutdown when i run any graphic intensive application.... I guess its coz im still using the PSU that came with the cabinet...:S

Please suggest a good PSU that would handle my requirements...
My specs:
Intel c2d e4600
1 stick 2gb RAM
1 500GB HDD
1 DVD drive(lite on)
Palit GTS250 512MB

You should consider Corsair CX400 (~3.2k). If you can't stretch your budget then get a Gigabyte Superb 460 (~2.2k)

Ya, surelly its PSU which is the culprit.

GTS 250 consumes power close to a GTX 260, and might need 36A on 12v rail minimum to run at stock clocks.

Both the above mentioned PSU can handle it, with your current config.

i would suggest tnot to run the 250 gts on ur current psu any longer or it might be bye bye graphic card, get a corsair 400 atleast.

blackbird said:
i would suggest tnot to run the 250 gts on ur current psu any longer or it might be bye bye graphic card, get a corsair 400 atleast.

umm can the gigabyte one be enuff for my current config?Its bcoz i cant spend too much having already shelled out 7k for the card...

+1 for Gigabyte Superb 460W
+1 for CX400 if budget can be increased slightly, although not essential, the gigabyte will handle your power duties well.

devilishevil said:
got the vx450... game crashes less often but crashes.... what could be the problem?? RAM? overheating?

Did u go for a clean format and reinstall of OS and updated the drivers( gfx, sound, chipset, directx) etc

@J1n Matt
@Maddy
The OP has already mentioned that he has bought a vx450 and still his system crashes sometimes... Read the posts... ;)

the problem could be with overheating...ensure that there is enough airflow in cabby,also do clean install of OS as already mentioned...:)

i used coretemp to monitor my cpu temps
it shows:
tj max: 85 C
core#0:79 C
core#1:78 C

these temperatures are when im just using the internet. These seem pretty high to me. Problem with the CPU right?

Back