Suggestion for phone around 10K

theoracle

Adept
Jun 4, 2011
One of my friend is looking to by a new phone, he found the Black Berry Tour 9630 3G Smart Phone and was considering to buy this one.

1st Help:
Friends could you share your experience with shopping.indiatimes.com?

2nd:
I am trying to convince him to buy someother phone preferably Andriod within the same budget, could you guys suggest what would be best given the budget and if Black-Berry-Tour-9630 is worth buying.

I found the below phones around range, please comment on them also.
Samsung Galaxy 3 i5801
Samsung Galaxy Fit S 5670
Dell XCD35
LG OPTIMUS ONE P500

Questions:-
1. Q: Budget?
A: Around 10k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

4. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Multimedia , games etc.

5. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

6. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Black Berry Tour 9630 3G Smart Phone

emmarbee

Adept
Feb 2, 2008
Tell your friend that there should obviously be a reason for this. And let him decide between BB and Android.
nielsenandroid-2.jpg

And in Android, For 10K budget, follow these threads
http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phone-buying-advice/need-advice-lg-optiums-one-worth-193295.html
http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phone-buying-advice/need-few-info-xcd-owners-lg-193384.html

If camera isn't important, Dell XCD25 with cyanogenmod is the best bet.
If camera is an option to be considered, Optimus One will justify the price range with a better battery life.

But like always, spending more will fetch you better device. If he's going to buy through EMI, ask him to spend more.

gmonline

Disciple
Jun 27, 2011
Dell XCD35 is a good option. I bought it from flipkart @ 11499 but the price dropped to 10499 in a month. I think it sells below 10k on ebay. The one that flipkart shipped me was faulty with the bluetooth not working. After sales service was good as I got it replaced here at Bhubaneswar almost immediately. The phone has a slight heating issue with the battery lasting a day with normal usage of 2 hours WiFi, 2 hours music, 1 hour voice call, some texting etc. The new XCD35 come pre loaded with Froyo and you need not upgrade it from 2.1. And I would always prefer Android over Blackberry.