Laptops Suggest me a Laptop < 35k

x86

Skilled
I am posting on behalf of my friend whose going for MBA. She requires a laptop with the following priorities within 35000,

1. Reliability
2. After Sales Service
3. Build quality (Screen quality should be good though)
4. Performance (A higher end t series or i3/i5 would suffice)
5. Battery Life (atleast > 2 hours)
6. Looks
7. Graphics quality

I have zeroed down on the inspiron models but heard that they are flimsy? Also look wise nothing great, but Dell's ASS is awesome! What are difference between the Inspiron 14z and 14r? The normal 14 is the old one.

What about options from MSI, and how reliable are they going to be?
The viao looked good but the ASS is worrying.
She doesnt wants a ACER either.

Suggestions please need to pick it up urgently!

Dellâ„¢ Inspiron 15R Laptop (T540605IN8)

Processor : Intel Coreâ„¢ i3-350M Processor (2.26Ghz, 4Threads, 3M cache)

Memory : 3GB (1 X 1GB + 1 X 2GB) 2 DIMM DDR3 1333Mhz

Hard Drive : 320GB 5400RPM Hard Drive

Display : 15.6 Widescreen HD WLED Glossy Display with TrueLifeâ„¢ (1366x768)

Video Card : ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 5470 - 512MB (India)

Total - 34.9k

Dell's ASS is just awesome . I think this will fit your needs just fine . Sony's ASS is little troublesome

I think i did'nt mentioned looking for a 14 inch only. Acer is out of option as the buyer is strictly against it.

Yes you didn't mention you were looking for a 14" only .

I would suggest 15R coz DELL 14R has Intel HD graphics which is 1000 times worse than ATI 5470 512mb . Dell Inspirion 14R has Core i3 350M which is 5 times better than Core 2 DUo CULV proccy offered in 14z . I won't say anything else. If its a comparison between 14R and 14z , then I would recommend 14R

BUt I truly feel u will be wasting money on 14R when 15R @ 35k has better graphics.

yes. it's better to go for 14R. last thing an MBA female student would do is play games (may be farmville or pillow wars on facebook, but intel HD is enough).

Ok so zeroed down to two,

Dell 14R or the Sony.

Pros of Dell,

1. ASS

2. Price

Cons

1. Looks compared to Sony

For Sony,

Pros

1. Looks

Cons

1. ASS

2. Overpriced by a good 3k compared to dell (I'm getting a 4gb ram with 500gb for 37k in dell compared to 2gb ram ewith 320gb for 39k in Sony)

Hows the display compare?

Last pick guys? what say...?

P.S. Anyone here works for Dell? :p

How much does the ASUS U30Jc and Asus 1201N retails for? Widely available and Where?

Also if i pick a Dell 14R without the Graphics card option in anycase is that upgradable to a gfx card later? or the mother comes without the port altogather?

Back