Audio Suggest Gaming Headphones under 3-3.5k

gastly

Disciple
Hi guys,

I am looking for some gaming headphones (over the ear type) in the range 3-3.5k max. They will be used mostly for gaming and some music every now and then. I already have a Sennheiser HD 201, so I'm looking for an upgrade. A microphone is prefereable but not required. Any recommendations? :)

PS: Can anyone recommend a decent clip-on microphone to pair with those headphones that don't have a mic? I couldn't find any on Flipkart or Ebay.

At this price you can go for the ATH AD 300 . They are really good headphones for the price and have an all use kind of a sound.

They do not have mic though and if thats what you want, it would be better if you look at dedicated gaming headphones. Those headphones however would be very crap in the listening to music and other acoustic stuff.

Havent heard that so cannot compare mate. You do well with checking the reviews of both of them. In terms of similar offerings between companies, I have always preferred Audio technica over Sen due to pleasant experience in the past.

I've been searching around and I think maybe the Steelseries Siberia would be good and it also has a mic which is great as I can't seem to find a clip microphone online that I can use with non-mic headsets. Thanks for the reply dude :)

No problem mate. I do check whether the siberia fulfils your music criteria as gaming headphones normally dont do good in terms off overall usage.

Seems you have done your ground work on it. Best of luck on your purchase.

+1 for AD300, using myself and it is pretty comfortable and open design helps in throwing sound details with ease. Also add xonar DG to the list.

Does the AD300 have any sound leak and how accurate are they for gaming? I haven't yet finalized the SteelSeries Siberia yet :)

Any open back headphone will have sound leakage. As you said you will use it for gaming why don't you give a look at Corsair gaming headphones?

I don't want any sound leakage hehe I want my privacy xD
I do like the corsair HS1A but looking at the reviews their build quality is not that great and they tend to break easily. As for the other Corsair ones like the Vengeance 1300, they're out of my budget.

Of course there is sound leakage in open headphones. But here you get some and loose some.. nothing is perfect.

Stay away from gaming headsets if you want some quality sound for music listening.

In terms of similar offerings between companies, I have always preferred Audio technica over Sen due to pleasant experience in the past.
same the case with me. i tilt more towards ATs sound and +1 to AD300. mine still serving good about 2yrs.
@OP..ATs are known to serve both gaming & music well though they are quite light on bass. Corsairs & steelseries will be good for gaming but i doubt anything less than vengeance1300 will serve both the purpose though cant vouch for it as i havent heard them. If mic is very much needed then latter two may be good enough as music is not primarily concerned.

Back