Suggest Digital Multimeter.

Folks,

I am interested in purchasing a digital multimeter to replace my age old (10-12 years old) Meco 801, it seems to be dying. Please bear in mind that I am ready with spending for a good quality multimeter. I would ideally like to buy it and forget about it, hence please suggest that way.
Thanks,
+LT

Fluke has some awesome DMMs. Wanted to get one but was super expensive and got myself a cheaper DMM with a clamp for 800 INR. Serves me the purpose though.

If you are willing to spend, nothing beats a Fluke. Used to cost around 6-7k during my B-Tech days (1998). No idea of prices now!

Just get a another Meco.While Flukes are certainly good they are expensive
My 801 is now 13 years old still good as new.

adder said:
Just get a another Meco.While Flukes are certainly good they are expensive

My 801 is now 13 years old still good as new.
Hmm, can you please suggest the models? My is about the same age, its doing good, however its 10 A's fuse/whatever is burnt, I don't know how to replace that. Any clue? Don't ask how it got burnt, I wasn't even there.

+LT

linuxtechie said:
Hmm, can you please suggest the models? My is about the same age, its doing good, however its 10 A's fuse/whatever is burnt, I don't know how to replace that. Any clue? Don't ask how it got burnt, I wasn't even there.

+LT

You mean the fuse located next to battery,well you just take it out and plug a new one(a replacement fuse is supplied,its located within the battery compartment).

The direct replacement model for you manual 801 is the 603 which looks exactly but has a 3 .1/2 display it costs 1.3k or less.

but if you want a Auto ranging one with a bigger display and want the same 3.3/4 display you have to got for the 801 AUTO(note there is another model called 801-L which is manual) cost arpund 1.7k.

They also have ones costing as much as Fluke.

Get another Meco.

I have MECO 603 which is around 10 years old, no problem whatsoever.

If you are thinking about cheap Multimeter from dealextreme, check local shop, you get cheap Multimeter starting from 150bucks.

Back