Storage Solutions Suggest Cabinet for Huge Storage.

krackzit

Disciple
Aug 27, 2006
Hello everyone.

I am looking for a solution for my storage needs.
I am having a storage of 1x4 TB now and expanding as per my needs.

After thinking a lot about this mass storage requirement.
I would like to have a cabinet that should be sleek and should have atleast 6 internal 3.5" bays. Don't need any 5.25" bay.

Will be using the same with a Athlon II X2 240 & M2N68-AM SE2.

The system will only be used as a NAS system which will be accessed by my 2 desktops and Xtreamer primarily for streaming video content.

Please suggest a budet cabinet for the above requirement and a PSU for the same.

Regards

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Why don't you get rid of those 1TB drives and invest in 1.5/2 TB drives instead? Saves you space and the moolah to buy a large cabinet just to stack those drives. I generally do that.

Or if you are keen on building a NAS system, just buy an enclosure for the hard drives which stores upto 4 or 6 drives and supports JBOD and RAID. These must be available for 7k~10k sorts.

krackzit

Disciple
Aug 27, 2006
Thanks for the advice.

Had bad experience with enclosures. Not comfortable with them.

Any sleek cabinet with only 3.5" bays without any 5.25" or just one.

varkey

Skilled
Sep 8, 2006
Bengaluru / Cochin
www.varkey.in
^ The case has built in PSU, Hot Swappable Bays, Port Multiplier Support so you can connect the 8 drives using just two eSata cables. I think the Sans Digital case is pretty good. I'll be ordering a 4 Bay Sans Digital enclosure soon. :)

Dec 23, 2006
Desecrator said:
^Yeah I had recommended him one of those based on yours' and LBM sir's recommendations but he does not want one like that and chose to go a proper enclosure way.
No sir here just LBM is good enough !!!

For proper enclosure one can use three 5 1/4 bays to install four 3.5 HDD, That is the best bet. One can use a pci or pci-x card for the aditional sata ports. I had a similar plan to do it...One can check my thread on the same.

http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/my-nas-setup-147417.html

After making it I ran in to a small problem....

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/which-psu-153768.html

So I would advice to go for a SANS DIGITAL TR8M-B

krackzit

Disciple
Aug 27, 2006
@ low_bass_maker

got your point.

But the setup needs to be cost effective and future proof.

For the time being I will go with a 6 HDD setup

suggest a psu for the above.