Car & Bike Suggest Bike : Max. 1L

chiragsthakur

Skilled
Apr 20, 2011
Mumbai
Just my opinion ;)
The R15:
- Track focused, aggressive riding position :( , pillion seat :p, not ideal for daily city commutes (traffic) - Not ideal for daily city commutes?? You kidding me? It is easy to ride it in traffic. :)

The Duke 200:
- Couldn't acquaint myself with the looks and sound, short gear-ratios (Freq shifts), inherent problems from ownership reviews - Problems persisted in the initial batches. The problems were sorted out. No bike at present is niggle free. Each and every bike has its downside. So Duke is really a good machine :)

The CBR150:
- Mixed reviews, very few on road, too expensive for what's on offer - Agree but honda DOHC engine is totally worth it.

madhukannan

Adept
Aug 29, 2011
Thrissur
techkannan.com
If you want a no nonsense bike get the unicorn , it gives above 55 mileage , least maintenance (i have been using it for last four years and i have spend only for regular oil change service , one brake shoe replacement and a battery replacement . Never faced any problem with engine or any other thing . it offers better ride comfort than similar pulsars 150 and yamaha 150 . Problem is that its too common, it has become just like splendor.
If you want macho image and some what less maintenance go for the bullet uce (comparing to old model).
If you want to fly through traffic flicking and frightening poor fellows in road go for the yamahas or pulsar machines

eggman

Adept
Dec 4, 2007
Is 80k for FZ-S fine?
What accessories should I ask & what should I keep in mind while buying?
I got it for 86k in Bangalore, so it should be lesser everywhere else :)
I didn't get many accessories as such, just helmet lock and the beeper for indicators.
The mesh seats are supposed to be good. I don't have it though.

harishmenace

Disciple
Jul 30, 2012
Hyderabad
Is it worth paying extra 25+ for P200NS over FZ S ?
Yes its totally worth it, NS is better than fz in every aspect. Its got liquid cooling, 6 gears, better seats(pillion), more power with better mileage, looks hot in yellow. Let's put it this way its a complete 200cc desi naked bike whereas fz is a compromise.

mach9

Das Layzeemeister
Skilled
Dec 17, 2007
Anywhere between 0 - 47000 feet
The pro's & con's of the FZ vs the P220 have already been given to you in the previous posts. You need to fix a criteria that's most important to you (or a couple of criteria's) and then decide. Else, there are a lot of options for various things you want.

Just fix a hard constraint and select accordingly. If all else fails.. toss a coin :p

bajaj151

Adept
Dec 5, 2010
^^ Lot of options creating confusion...
Just called bajaj dealer...he is quoting 96K on road price for 200NS...(Not available via CSD)

chiron

Skilled
Feb 8, 2006
Does anyone here own or have an experience with Suzuki GS150R....?
Seen many reviews and people says its better(smooth engine) than Unicorn and also comes with 6 gears, but very less service centers..
I am seriously considering to buy(costs 76K) it...

I am 5'9 feet. and previously considered Unicorn or Hunk.
Presently own a P150.

I have a GS150r and I've had no trouble in terms of maintenance (completed 20k last week). The service centers are few and far apart (basically 1 dealer to a district and no separate service centers). However, you can always get it serviced from the local mechanic once the free services run out. I've not needed to get any parts replaced till now except cosmetics which was due to my getting into an accident.

The riding posture is comfortable and the engine is smooth though I can't compare it with other bikes like Unicorn or Hunk coz I've not tried either.

Reactions: satishinti