Budget Above 25K Suggest an Android Phone comparable To S3 under 30k

1. Budget?
A: Under 30k
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: Anything except HD Super-Amoled Display
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: HTC, Sony
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 8MP camera. Flash, Zero Shutter Lag, Anti-Shake.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, Wifi
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, Internet.
10. Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: HTC One X+, Sony Xperia ZR, Sony Xperia ZL.

I had to give away my brand new Samsung Galaxy S3 to my sister as it was causing me nausea. I read on the the net that the HD Super-Amoled screen can cause nausea in some people. Unfortunately, I happen to be one of those. So I am looking for a comparable replacement.

First of all, the phone should have all the basics right i.e. Good network strength, Good call quality/voice clarity even in low signal area, no abnormal network issues like in Samsung Galaxy S Advance. I use the speakerphone a lot for calls as well as for listening to music so while it need not be loud, the loudspeaker should be of comparable quality to S3 or better.

I don't play heavy intensive games but it shouldn't lag during normal usage or browsing. It should have a minimum of 8 GB internal memory with a microSD slot and the screen size should be between 4.5 to 5 inches. But the most important feature that I am interested in is the rear camera. It should have zero shutter lag with comparable quality to S3 especially indoors. The video recorder should have anti-shake feature and again with comparable quality to S3.

I am looking at Sony Xperia ZL, ZR, SP and HTC One X+ (If I can Find it). I am willing to consider any suitable phones from LG, Lenovo, Gionee, Huawei etc.

^i agree.both nexus 4 and g pro are good.if you can increase your budget to 35k,get G2.one of the best available right now.
If you can wait a month,you can get nexus5.It will be around 27-28k including all charges,only drawback being without warranty

Last edited:
1. The LG Nexus 4 has only 16 GB internal memory with no microSD slot. Plus, I read that the camera is not that great.
2. The LG Optimus G Pro at 5.5 in is too big for my preference.
3. I agree, the LG G2 looks really good but the 32GB version is too expensive. 16 GB will just not do for me.

Xperia SP is good. Im using it and it satisfies all your criteria except 2. Loudspeaker ( not too loud ) & camera ( pics on auto sucks, manual is great ). video recording is good. Price is around 20k and at that price nothing else come close.

People, if u keep pushing budgets, he'll always keep dreaming of the upper level.

Anyway, the Xperia ZL is a nice buy, as is the optimus G, both fit your budget decently.

@puns: What about video recording? Is it as good as S3 especially indoors?[DOUBLEPOST=1382360888][/DOUBLEPOST]And does the video recording comes with anti-shake feature? With manual settings, is the camera better than S3 indoors?

Last edited:
I have narrowed down my choices to the following. But I need to clear some doubts about each phone.

HTC One X+ (If available): Cons: Heard that it heats up a lot when recording or watching HD videos after just 10 mins. Has trouble catching network when travelling. Also heard that quality control is not that good, so some piece may come with great camera while others may come with below average camera. Are these true?

LG Optimus G E975: Above budget, will go for it only if the camera and video recording in low light is far superior to the other phones on my list.

Sony Xperia ZL: Specs wise, it is perfect, Are there any cons? What about the camera & camcorder? Is it as good as S3 in low light. Does it overheats a lot? I heard voice clarity is not that good. Is this true? And most importantly, will it be as difficult to service as the Xperia Z & the ZR and will it be as costly?

Sony Xperia SP: I am really interested in this phone, especially if the video recording & camera with manual settings is better than S3 indoors. I heard that the wifi reception is bad. Is this true? If I get this phone, I can buy something else with the money saved.

Back