Suggest an android for under 15K

raksrules

Elite
My brother who broke his ZTE Blade is behind me on getting a new android phone. Here are my requirements...

Questions:-
1. Q: Budget?
A: 15K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Touchscreen

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No..but will not prefer chinese brands

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required but nothing specific

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G / Wifi / EDGE

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Normal phone usage like phone / SMS, casual gaming, Internet on mobile over EDGE mostly, may use phone as wifi hotspot

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Nothing specific

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: No considerations... But DO NOT want ZTE Blade / Dell XCD35

PS: I am in US But i want to buy the phone for him from an Indian website only with Indian warranty so suggest from India only.

Does anyone here know how much does the Sony Ericsson Neo V cost at Alfa in Mumbai ??

Anyone who has been there or is going there in few days then please let me know.

When I saw one month ago, costed 17k at Alfa. 2 weeks ago, it increased by around 125, haven't checked later. Expect it to be between 17k and 17.5k. Also check out Mobile Point a few shops to the right of Alfa, prices are competitive there too and they bargain. It was 17125/- there without bargaining 2 weeks ago.

Go for Sony Ericsson Neo V.

For that price, there is no phone competing with it. Get a phone from Ebay with Manufacurer warranty. It will be pain in the ass if something goes wrong. You will have to ship the phone to dealers yourself and some have mentioned that they consider only software problems under dealer warranty.

If you have Indian Ebay account and have bought something there, you will be getting discount coupons from them now and then. Using them you can get it for ~16k or You can try Sulekha too.

Also Sony has confirmed that it will Upgrade all Xperia phones released in 2011 to Ice Cream Sandwich. Samsung is not upgrading even Galaxy S to ICS which has better specification than Neo and is costlier.

Neo V's Screen is big, it has Bravia engine, Good resolution, Decent camera, Great music an Video capability, all round connectivity. You can check GSMArena review of Neo V for more details. http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_neo_v-review-695.php

And all HTC phones cost too much for the same hardware. For e.g., Many have suggested Wildfire S. But that has 600 MHz processor as opposed to 1GHz of neo V, Older Adreno 200 instead of Adreno 205 in Neo V, its camera is pathetic, Screen is not even comparable with Neo V. Only better thing is that Build quality will be better. So its no match for Neo V in terms of performance.

So for your budget, its a no brainer.. Extend it by 1k and get Neo V.. Only other suggestion is, if You really want a rugged phone, You can go for Moto Defy or Defy+

Getting the wildfire s is the worst thing to do. The thing is really really slow... I have used my friend's wildfire s many times. It sucks. Explorer would be better. Id either go with an ace or an xperia mini pro (If you can get a slider. BTW the phone is really fast and Ive seen it run apps without any problems.). Xperia Mini Pro would be the best phone to get actually. Or the Explorer.
<
Its really sad to find that nobody suggests the mini pro. It'll get ICS upgrade for sure too
<

What should be better? samsung galaxy ace or sony neo V, i am looking to buy for my sister...

You cant Compare Galaxy Ace with Neo V.

Neo V is superior on all accounts.

http://www.gsmarena....2&idPhone2=3724

Neo V has way better screen, more RAM, Better Processor, Better GPU, Better Camera (HD Video), secondary camera..

Only thing in favour of Ace, but not by a wide margin, is its Gorilla Glass vs Neo V's Scratch resistant glass. And Ace costs like 3k less than Neo V. So if you are not very strict on budget, go for Neo V.. If your budget is only 12-13k, buy Xperia Mini. The only thing here is it has smaller (but better) screen than Ace. Since it is for your sister, 3.0 inch screen should be sufficient. Galaxy ace is old and no longer a good buy for its price.

http://www.gsmarena....7&idPhone2=3724

you can even check out motorola defy which is water and drop proof

you can take underwater videos

it has 3.7 inch 480x800(which is the high res that we get in high end phones) so you can play many games and everything

and it has lot of support from CM7 and other mods and what not

and i have even seen the ninja(nvidia) game on it in youtube

and 5mp camera which shoots HD(great quality)

it does not have the greatest gpu(sgx 530) but it can handel very well

Sorry for the n00b question, is that the version of android or the handset's firmware (or is it called baseband?) or am I completely off track with my guesses ;p

Its the firmware update
<

What should be better? samsung galaxy ace or sony neo V, i am looking to buy for my sister...

Definitely Neo V amongst the two ... Defy+ wont support ICS officially and its gpu is getting old ...

How about spice mi 410 at 14k . Its rebadged huawei x6 which has 1ghz proccessor and adreno 205 gpu . It can blow away all the competition at this price . It's a no brainer . I have operated it and its very good phone . 18k performance at 14k . You should consider it .

Had similar requirements , i just bought defy+ coz i needed rough and tough phone.

As compared to plus , defy (old one) has under-clocked same cpu and less battery and its discontinued , but its ~2k cheaper.rest is same.

compared to defy+, sony neo v has bravia engine display(less backup) ,front facing camera, probably 'll get ic4 update soon.but less internal memory .

and if he's a rough user like me then he can wait 4 defy mini.

http://www.motorola....DEFY-MINI-XW-EN

Back