Suggest a scanner.

Requirements:
A4 & Legal documents
Color
From 10 PPM onwards
Backed by good service centres
One touch & relatively easy to use

Usage:
Digitizing the documents so as to fulfill records purposes. Mostly .pdf format is used
Use in Office

Commitments:
Price can be within 20K with possible increase by another 5K.

Preference
Can we do without a flatbed here...if possible

Please pour your thoughts so that we have a clearer idea of what I have to purchase

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
May 25, 2007
Erode
Are you looking for a scanner or a multifunction device..? 'Coz 20K for a scanner is way too much to spend. If you are going to scan only documents and not films, you can get a good one at around 5K. If you need film scanning too, you can get one at around 10K. Check out the Canon Canoscan series. They are very good.

ArZuNeOs

Disciple
Nov 21, 2007
Ah at last many thanks.

We already got a scanner at office a la HP 2410 & another HP flatbed scanner which is good with photos too.

The reason why we want a high speed scanner is because we want ADF (Automated Document Feed) and the capacity to scan many pages at a time...basically it takes 15 minutes to scan 10 pages in the old one flatbed. Also OCR recognition and duplex scanner. Digitizing Documents..thats it

Some thing like Fujitsu Scan Snap series....I contacted the guys through email but thats it, no one replied.

Any contributions in this regard is helpful.

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
May 25, 2007
Erode
^^ Sorry, have no idea about high speed scanners. But search revealed that there are plenty of Canon models which have the features you need. A couple of HP models too fit your needs. Most of these models are way beyond your budget though. I would recommend calling up the customer care of each of these companies and trying to find out information, rather than emailing.

rajuwaste

Disciple
Aug 17, 2009
ArZuNeOs said:
Ah at last many thanks.
We already got a scanner at office a la HP 2410 & another HP flatbed scanner which is good with photos too.

The reason why we want a high speed scanner is because we want ADF (Automated Document Feed) and the capacity to scan many pages at a time...basically it takes 15 minutes to scan 10 pages in the old one flatbed. Also OCR recognition and duplex scanner. Digitizing Documents..thats it

Some thing like Fujitsu Scan Snap series....I contacted the guys through email but thats it, no one replied.

Any contributions in this regard is helpful.

CANON PIXMA MX328 - price around 7000
ADF scan
A4 Colour / 300dpi approx. 19secs
A4 B/W / 300dpi approx. 8secs
4x6" Photo / 300dpi approx. 8secs

ArZuNeOs

Disciple
Nov 21, 2007
^^Logisto sir....Thats the problem with search....no reviews & plenty of models to rummage...thats difficult. Guess I am gonna call Fujitsu , and visit Canon & HP centre.

^raju....Thanks for the help...we dont want a MFP....just a scanner..thats the problem.

Will post comments thereon.

johndoe666

Disciple
Oct 20, 2009
Hey, just stumbled onto this thread, i'm also looking for the same type of scanner, did you have any luck in finding a good one?
Thanks!