Suggest a cheapest Air Conditioner

My room is in the top floor which becomes quite hot during sunny days. According to my room size (its a very small room), i figured out that a 1 Ton AC is more than sufficient. Since i live in bangalore, where the climate is very favorable for most part of the year, i don't want to spend too much money on an AC.

Kindly suggest me a cheapest AC possible with decent power efficiency...and which one do you suggest, Window or Split type?

Also, currently our house electricity bill comes to around 1200 per month. How much increase in the bill should i expect if i run the AC for ~5hrs a day?

No replies?
<

If you do not intend to use it anywhere else in India, and don't have plans to cool more than one room with the air from this, you might go for a 0.75T 2 star Window AC. I have had good experience with both LG and Samsung, and would recommend you LG. Can't suggest specific model numbers but you get the idea
<

Avoid cheapest as it reduce cooling with increas in heat. You are on Top Floor so buy good brand with BEE star will help you save on Electricity Bill. Cheap may boost electricity bill compare to Good Brand.

I personally like a old brand which have near by & good service center.

HTH

^Agree. If its cheap upfront, you will incur more electric bill and vise versa. Go with a well known brand with decent star rating (at least 3).

Onida claims to provide Japanese compressor. So you can give Onida Air Conditioner a try. Some inputs from Onida Air Conditioner users would be helpful gere.

I would suggest you stay away from local brands at any cost.

My room is in the top floor which becomes quite hot during sunny days. According to my room size (its a very small room), i figured out that a 1 Ton AC is more than sufficient. Since i live in bangalore, where the climate is very favorable for most part of the year, i don't want to spend too much money on an AC.

Kindly suggest me a cheapest AC possible with decent power efficiency...and which one do you suggest, Window or Split type?

Also, currently our house electricity bill comes to around 1200 per month. How much increase in the bill should i expect if i run the AC for ~5hrs a day?

Just 5 hrs a day ?,trust me in summer it will be running for quite a lot more in bangalore.

You can expect the power bill to hit 2000 to 2200 a month,due to the fact that you will also go to a higher slab rate.

Its cheaper and tidier to install a Split AC then a window AC,you can at the max go in for a 3 star rated one,since going for anything higher will cost more and you will not break even despite using it for 6 year+.

Got samsung 1 ton *3 split A/c 2 star installed recently for 21k each, whch included the stabilizer and installation charges. Been using them for much longer each day than i foresaw, so the bills gonna hit 5~6k as normally it crosses 4k usually.

check letsbuy for appx price and models

I have a house being constructed at my hometown and the construction is almost completed. We are planning to shift during the month of May and would require 3 split AC units for the 3 bedrooms, of which one of them would replace an aging Carrier unit which otherwise works just fine. It has discolored pretty baldy and would be an eye sore!

Went to a consumer electronics outlet couple of days back and zeroed in on a Panasonic 1T 3 star rated unit. Cost was somewhere close to 23k. Daikin, Mitaubishi and Carrier 1T units costs north of 30k unfortunately. These Panasonic units are manufactured in Malaysia and they have a very good customer support.

The model number of the unit is CS-YC12MKYP. Hope this helps.

Back