[Spoilers] Game of Thrones (ASOIAF) thread

Completely pointless got episode there. Only reason for Bran's capture turns out to be alt-hoat's completely unsatisfying death.
Introduced an alternate non-interesting character to replace Hoat, and made him completely pointless at the end. And the change in story beyond The Wall was just a farce. They could've easily continued as it was in the books. Maybe they changed Bran's storyline because they wanted to kill off this useless character.

I was waiting for Tyrions trial and the aftermath - but I suppose they would stretch that till 9th episode. :(

Yes, eight episode is titled The Mountain and the Viper. So you can guess what it'll be about. The 9th episode will yet again feature a major shock.

Can't wait for the reveal at the end of the tenth episode though :D

Introduced an alternate non-interesting character to replace Hoat, and made him completely pointless at the end. And the change in story beyond The Wall was just a farce. They could've easily continued as it was in the books. Maybe they changed Bran's storyline because they wanted to kill off this useless character.

Yes, eight episode is titled The Mountain and the Viper. So you can guess what it'll be about. The 9th episode will yet again feature a major shock.

Can't wait for the reveal at the end of the tenth episode though :D

Ain't the story still in 2nd part of book 3? (Except for Theon's part)
btw, what reveal are you referring to?
Jon being lord commander Or Dragon gone rogue :p or blind Arya?

S04E04 : 7/10 | S04E05 8/10 ... Somehow this season isn't feeling as interesting as the first three ...

I too feel the same.
I guessed, the new Greyjoys and masters of Meeren would have been introduced by now (mid of 4th season). Instead, Cersai and Viper are taking a walk on the lawn, Pod is learning to ride a horse with Brienne - another useless journey. Sigh !!

Aahh ! Finally a worthy episode. As good as the ones from the first season. :) I have a feeling that the rest of the episodes will be as good as well.

Aahh ! Finally a worthy episode. As good as the ones from the first season. :) I have a feeling that the rest of the episodes will be as good as well.

Yup the story henceforth is really juicy from the S4 POV. After that its might get a little slow again..

IMO, the season is progressing too damn slow.
AFAIK, there wasn't much "pages" between Joff's death and episode 9 expected scene.
Things I expected to happen in this season
Kingsmoot - new iron island guys
Jon being commander of wall (with this they might end the season)
Start of Arya's journey to east. And Sam's too.
Sunspear and other Martels - Arianne and Sand Snakes. Their plot with Myrcella.

You are confusing Book 4 with Book 3. Most of the events in Book 4 collide with events in Book 5, not Book 3 (only few exceptions such as the Reek storyline). Only when all the major events in Book 3 have been completed can we get the story concerning Iron Islands, Sunspear, Arya's east journey, Sam, etc...

I remember what I mentioned are in book #4. And thats what I expected in the series. Since, S03 already covered more than half of book #3, I expected in S04 they would finish up book #3 fast and move to next book. And by this speed, those'll be seen no earlier than S05.

They could've rushed, but they will have to leave out many plot details, and those who only watch the series will curse the makers for not explaining the events. They leave out or change many things as it is to accommodate for time and budget.

Plus they can't catch up with GRRM before he's at least finished with the final book's draft. Slow and steady will get them there.

The kids are growing up - Bran is no more a sweet 8 year old kid, Arya is also growing up. :p
By the time GRRM finishes off the series - hope with Dream of Spring (?), the makers would have to re-cast those kids.

btw, some in some meme, Eyrie has also changed as shown in S1 than now. :D

Not sure whether you've read the books completely, but Bran doesn't need to be recasted. Arya is the only one they should worry about. And Rickon? No one knows about him. They might as well recast him when he comes back from Skagos or wherever he's gone with Osha.

Not sure whether you've read the books completely, but Bran doesn't need to be recasted. Arya is the only one they should worry about. And Rickon? No one knows about him. They might as well recast him when he comes back from Skagos or wherever he's gone with Osha.

LOL. Yeah I had read the books, but get confuse a lot. :)
AFAIK, Bran is learning skinchanger stuffs inside that cave they reached. "You will never walk again, but you will fly." etc.
Won't he ever return as Bran? What am I missing?
And do Rickon ever comes after he (+Osha) parted from Bran?
(Davos goes in search of him, in Davos's last chapter.)

Back