Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Discussion Thread

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Co-op Dev Diary

I don't know but I'm starting to have a jittery feeling about this game and all this major focus on Co-op lately. I wholeheartedly hope the single player stealth aspect gameplay in the title isn't ruined.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist minimum and recommend PC requirements released

Splinter Cell: Blacklist minimum and recommend PC requirements have been released by Ubisoft. See how your system will run it below.
As Bluesnews notes, the difference between Ubisoft’s list and the one on Steam, is minimum specs for the processor: it’s 2.13GHz, not 2.53GHz.

Minimum

OS: Windows XP (SP3) / Windows Vista (SP2) / Windows 7 (SP1) / Windows 8
Processor: 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 or 2.80 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ or better
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: 512 MB DirectX 10–compliant with Shader Model 4.0 or higher
DirectX: 9
Hard Drive: 25 GB HD space
Sound: DirectX 10–compliant DirectX 9.0c–compliant
Additional Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

Recommended

Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 or 3.00 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 940 or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
DirectX: 11
Hard Drive: 25 GB HD space
Sound: 5.1 surround sound
Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
Additional Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/10/spl...nimum-and-recommend-pc-requirements-released/

I wonder why Kotaku says 'Not Yet'. They generally dish out a firm 'YES' or 'NO' but this is one of a kind. Anyways shall grab this once I am back from my short vacation.

Strangely, they have a separate HD textures file (shown as DLC on launching the game). What the hell is with that.

I don't quite understand your question. The HD texture pack is like any other optional install package, on the Xbox 360 version, to marginally improve the texture quality. Nothing we haven't seen before.

I don't quite understand your question. The HD texture pack is like any other optional install package, on the Xbox 360 version, to marginally improve the texture quality. Nothing we haven't seen before.
Oh I wasnt aware there were other games like that. I thought this was a first time when we were seeing something like this. My bad.

Oh I wasnt aware there were other games like that. I thought this was a first time when we were seeing something like this. My bad.

This trend started with Battlefield 3, I suppose. Since the 360's DVD media has a smaller storage capacity compared to the PS3's Blu-Ray, the 360 version often ends up splitting the discs and having a portion of it allocated for HD textures installation (for certain games). The PS3 version's doesn't need this as it streams the content right off the disc.

Though I hear Splinter Cell Blacklist's HD texture pack for the 360 is a whopping 3GB. While the PS3 has a mandatory install, which is even bigger. I'm waiting for the PC version to see what it's going to be like.

This trend started with Battlefield 3, I suppose. Since the 360's DVD media has a smaller storage capacity compared to the PS3's Blu-Ray, the 360 version often ends up splitting the discs and having a portion of it allocated for HD textures installation (for certain games). The PS3 version's doesn't need this as it streams the content right off the disc.

Though I hear Splinter Cell Blacklist's HD texture pack for the 360 is a whopping 3GB. While the PS3 has a mandatory install, which is even bigger. I'm waiting for the PC version to see what it's going to be like.
Yep it is 2.5GB install, shows up as DLC. Though game does look good with those textures (confession - my first game on a HD TV :p)

Well hello black-bars, nice to see you:

i00v.png

The game is 18.5GB on PC and a whopping 1.7GB day-one patch follows.

Guys how many missions are there in SP campaign? I can't find the answer anywhere, some says 12, some says 14! I am currently on the Special Mission in Iran.

The black bar is for 16:10 i suppose as i am not facing any such thing. Another thing this game is poorly optimized for DX 11. Could barely play in dx 11 even with lowered settings.

Back