Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - Discussion Thread

Played the game last night , controls felt bit awkward especially camera but the artwork style of graphics is good.

Started the game yesterday and played the first few bits wherein Madame Web instructs Spidey to recover the first quarter of the tablet. Loved all the universes. Spidey's witty conversational exchange was just plain awesome! :D

So i have finished 7 levels with 70/180 challenges and I must say this game kicks @$$.It not like other Spiderman games where you roam around the city to complete objectives.The gameplay is linear and in my opinion, is fun with lots of variety and challenging boss fights.Every level has boss fights and new type of enemies.

Gameplay - There are 4 different universes which offer plenty of variety to the gameplay.2099 universe lets you swing through the vehicles of the future.In Noir universe the gameplay feels similar to Batman Arkham asylum.You must takedown your targets without getting spotted.Amazing universe let you play as normal spiderman and in ultimate universe you play as the Spiderman with symbiotic suit.In amazing you fight enemies like Kraven and Sandman where as ultimate universe lets you tackle electro and the most awesome Deadpool.

Graphics - Noir universe has most distinct art style and in my opinion the best one in the game.2099 universe also looks good whereas amazing universe has best colouring.Levels of ultimate universe don't look as good as rest of the game but they still looks pretty.

Sound - Sound effects are supercool and background score suits the action.There is tons of humour, everything Spiderman says will make you laugh.Voice acting of everyone suits their characters and you gotta love Spidy!!

Challenges and difficulty level - There are plenty of interesting challenges.In every level you must consult "web of destiny" to find out available challenges and the ones you have unlocked.Some challenges are just the part of story.The difficulty level ingame is just right.I play on medium and so far it has been entertaining as well as challenging experience, especially the boss fights.

Length - Length of the game is 10- 15 hours, depends upon which difficulty you are playing and how many challenges you are taking.If you care about hidden spiders and spider emblems( which you must) , then you will spend plenty of time finding them.By the way finding all the hidden spiders is very hard task and so far I have never managed to find all 8 in any level.

Graphics - 8.5
Sound - 10/10 ,
Gameplay - 10/10 , because of the variety and challenges.

Overall - 9/10 , best action game for PC this year.

Quan Chi, about your PM with the key input lag issue, people at GameFAQ board seem to have fixed it by turning V-Sync OFF. Try that if you can. Seems like lot of people using the keyboard mouse combo are facing this issue.

I faced the input lag issue with the wired x360 controller..I had to bring the resolution down and turn vsync on to make it responsive!

Ethan_Hunt said:
Quan Chi, about your PM with the key input lag issue, people at GameFAQ board seem to have fixed it by turning V-Sync OFF. Try that if you can. Seems like lot of people using the keyboard mouse combo are facing this issue.
thanks for the reply.I think my v sync was turned off.

Input lag occurs whenever the fps drops significantly, say, to less than 25 fps. Best solution is to keep lowering the resolution until no lag occurs. If you want to play at high resolutions, you'd have to turn all the settings down, may be even to the lowest.

Alright seems it is nothing but a driver issue. Went back from catalyst 10.11 to 10.4, and aal is well. No low fps, no input lag, everything running fine at 60fps at max settings, at max resolution.

Completed it just now. Clocked about 6 hours and 55 minutes but the game offers a lot of re-playability in terms of completion of challenges. I had done about 111 out of 180 during the campaign. Not planning to attempt the rest anyway. The levels were so awesomely designed for each character and the respective dimension. I loved the Noir spidey and the stealth based moves but most of his takedowns were repetitive. And sometime the AI was stupid - I mean you take down a guy when he's standing next to another one and he doesn't notice it! The best level was the one wherein he confronts Deadpool. Character design was pretty good as well. All in all a worthy game. :)

Next up - James Bond 007: Blood Stone.

Back