Spice Mi 410 smartphone. 1Ghz snapdragon | 4.1" | Froyo | 5MP | 15K

sajokj said:
I want shift from cherry mobile 2.3 to CSL 2.3 does anyone have the working link. I tried downloading many times for the link given on this forum. But All the time I try to upgrade it says File corrupted. Why all the time its showing the same message. How to get it done. cherry one is gving lots of issues.
File is not corrupted but it is not possible to switch from Cherry to CSL..... So you have to flash it initially and then install the new firmware.nb0. I also faced the same problem, then tried in this way and I able to install CSL ROM....

@sajokj

It is possible to switch from Cherry to CSL if you flash using SUT L3(Check the previous pages of this thread for instructions).

vivekb said:
File is not corrupted but it is not possible to switch from Cherry to CSL..... So you have to flash it initially and then install the new firmware.nb0. I also faced the same problem, then tried in this way and I able to install CSL ROM....

@Sajokj: if you enter in root mode, you will find third option wipe data / factory reset then enter in with delete option then you phone will come first menu again then choose last option of download nb0 from SD card, and you will get CSL on your phone

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Asky said:
@sajokj

It is possible to switch from Cherry to CSL if you flash using SUT L3(Check the previous pages of this thread for instructions).
Is this method help to root the phone????

I download SUT L3 and installed it.

I selected the firmware .nb0 file and selected Erase userdata. Now I connected my phone to PC using USB, then I switched off my phone and Tried pressing Vol up and POwer button , the phone just switched on.. its not going to Download mode.

Should we need to press volume up+down +power button???

How to know I am on Download mode?

pls help

You are not doing it correctly if the phone is witching ON. It takes a while to get used to it. DO NOT press the Power button first. Hold the Vol Up button for a sec and then press the Power button.

Your phone should say "Incoming Download mode" followed with some polling commands.
sajokj said:
I download SUT L3 and installed it.

I selected the firmware .nb0 file and selected Erase userdata. Now I connected my phone to PC using USB, then I switched off my phone and Tried pressing Vol up and POwer button , the phone just switched on.. its not going to Download mode.

Should we need to press volume up+down +power button???

How to know I am on Download mode?

pls help

EDIT:

Just saw that you flashed it successfully! Congrats!

sajokj said:
Thanks guys I am done. Now I had shifted from Cherry to CSL 2.3, Thanks a lot.

Thank GOD I am done. now Hope this one is stable

Don't worry CSL 2.3.4 is pretty stable, now root it following the tut of Free Radical or Asky and delete all the kachara (Bloatware) to gain more RAM and Stability and Battery Life through Titanium Backup Pro or My Backup Pro

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Asky said:
You are not doing it correctly if the phone is witching ON. It takes a while to get used to it. DO NOT press the Power button first. Hold the Vol Up button for a sec and then press the Power button.

Your phone should say "Incoming Download mode" followed with some polling commands.

EDIT:

Just saw that you flashed it successfully! Congrats!

you were 2 mins late in answering ;)

Regarding my Camera Problem, i tried a few other softwares like LGCamera and Vignette. I also took out the SD Card and tried the camera APP. When the issue comes none of the apps work and restarting doesnt help as well.

At other times all apps work and after some time when i check i see the issue is back. Getting the gut feeling that its a hardware problem and something must be "loose". I am on the stock OS and did not change anything or root, hence I dont want to try to reflash should which may void my warranty that too when I feel an issue is there.

Perhaps will try a master reset later but shouldnt clearing the data for the camera be good enough ?

Today since a few hours back I can see its working fine. Donno how long that will last.

1month since I purchased will be over next week. Since the product is less than 1 month will I get special preference for a replacement/repair or will it be same as for the rest of the warranty period (1 year) because if the treatment is same perhaps I can check it out for a few days more to rule out software issues.

Any advise ?

sajokj said:
Now how to root this. and which all software to remove to gain RAM?
http://www.e r o d o v.com/forums/how-root-any-android-device-manually/43325.html (remove the spaces from the names)

(If this method of rooting doesn't work then goto 3rd page in the comment and see for Asky's Method which worked for me and others)

Apps to remove after rooting are CSL Fan club, Blueberry Messenger, Mapking and so on....

Guys a noob question .. if i shift from cherry to csl on my rooted cherry ... will i still have root on csl ? Or will i have to reroot ?

manish_bhaumik said:
Regarding my Camera Problem, i tried a few other softwares like LGCamera and Vignette. I also took out the SD Card and tried the camera APP. When the issue comes none of the apps work and restarting doesnt help as well.

At other times all apps work and after some time when i check i see the issue is back. Getting the gut feeling that its a hardware problem and something must be "loose". I am on the stock OS and did not change anything or root, hence I dont want to try to reflash should which may void my warranty that too when I feel an issue is there.

Perhaps will try a master reset later but shouldnt clearing the data for the camera be good enough ?

Today since a few hours back I can see its working fine. Donno how long that will last.

1month since I purchased will be over next week. Since the product is less than 1 month will I get special preference for a replacement/repair or will it be same as for the rest of the warranty period (1 year) because if the treatment is same perhaps I can check it out for a few days more to rule out software issues.

Any advise ?
Did you try another card? The camera doesn't work in mine without a card.
At this point flashing other ROMs wouldn't be a good idea for you. If you have a spare phone, take your data backups and show it to a service centre. You could casually mention that you're a member here and the kinda service you get might affect the decision of potential buyers. They know this is a new and hot item and a bad word about the service could hurt them. One last thing you could try before you go this route is a factory reset.

@ FreeRadical. A quick google only showed me a lot of frustrated android buyers venting their anger at Google. Will let you know if i should come across one. Most of the apps out there record from the speakers it seems. Only a handful of android phones support call recording.

@sajokj Just look for "HDR Camera" in Market. i don't have the apk. There's a free and a paid version as well.

@ Scorpy. I updated to CSL 2.3 last night. Had to flash through SUT. The recovery method only showed me a "PID doesn't match" error. Now i have to root this thing again. I'm still contemplating whether it's worth the trouble since i'm gonna be installing the custom ROM from xda in a few days/weeks anyway. I install everything new each time so it's tedious.

Does the 18 month rule apply to phones already in the market? I kinda got the idea it was only for phones in the making.

Guys,

Just wanted your opinon on this phone as most of you have already used it for close to one month and some have even tried custom rom's on it. My confusion is between Lg Optimus one & Spice mi 410, I am aware that the hardware of spice mi 410 is no competion from lg optimus one but still it is one of the most successful android phone.

Below are my requirements

Push mail, GPS, Browsing (readability on the screen is important with less eye strain), voice chat with friends over 3G or Wifi(not a fan of video chat though), network coverage ( most of the times i am in areas with good network coverage but times when I travel I need a decent coverage & GPS), battery backup atleast 2 days (usage will be 4-5 calls/day 30-40 min per day, 10-15 min browsing getting the current news ).

How is the exchage connectivity on this phone I mean does it sync well with Office mail Exchange server ?

Maybe if not push than if I manually open the outlook client will it get me all the mails from the server (Something like Poll when I am not in office I would like to check the mails for some official work).

Do you guys think that the display of this phone is decent enough and would survive for 2 years, I am sure will purchase a new phone after 2 years.

I do know this is not a spice mobile but a CSL or Huawai X6 or Foxconn mobile. Would be great if someone who has owned or atleast got a chance to play with both these phones to give a honest feedback.

Back