Speed Post FTW!

avi

Skilled
Speed post faster, more reliable than private couriers: CAG

In major cities, the performance of speed post is faster and more reliable. The postal service delivers 99% of letters through speed post within 1-9 days as compared to 92% by private courier services that take up to 10 days.

At the local level, the delivery by speed post is 98% compared to 93% by courier services. While the time taken by speed post is 1-11 days at local level, it is 1-12 days in case of private couriers.

In a report on department of posts, tabled in Parliament recently, the official auditor has said the performance of speed post has been better not only at local level and in major cities, but it is the only reliable service at the tehsil and village level.

I am yet to have a negative experience with Speed Post. Even their tracking is updated more frequently that many couriers.

Speed post is more reliable, better tracking, cheaper and wider coverage area. I use it quite often and yet to have a negative experience.

I have shipped 100+ packets through speedpost and only once I had a problem that too when delivery was in Ghaziabad. I used it even for distances more than 3k kms and it was bang for buck.

Ghaziabad.. That place. I had delivery issues with Professional and Track on as well. Its remote area or something. Peeps had to go and collect or something was there.

Actually Ghaziabad is not a village but its in NCR. The problem is that it has so many residential towers and planned in a bad way that packets either stay undelivered or delivered to wrong place.
It was my second or third consignment with speedpost and it didn't work out which made me think that speedpost isnt reliable. But I still continued with it, it being cheap and voila I now just love it.

Tried sending international? They have excellent tieups with the likes of fedex/ dhl etc and in fact deliver within a week. For 1/8th of the cost typically charged by such big brands directly. I use it regularly for my returns to Amazon.com

Tried sending international? They have excellent tieups with the likes of fedex/ dhl etc and in fact deliver within a week. For 1/8th of the cost typically charged by such big brands directly. I use it regularly for my returns to Amazon.com
Oh that's great. I had once sent a shipment through DHL and it was for around 2500 to US. I would definitely try it for international shipments too.

Oh that's great. I had once sent a shipment through DHL and it was for around 2500 to US. I would definitely try it for international shipments too.

They have special packages for USA, box service is also available. Ask at your local GPO, the smaller centers do not have this facility. I pay approx 600 for a half to one kg box.

Speed Post is good indeed. One has to realize that tracking with couriers (in my experience) is fast until it reaches the hub and then the speed decreases incredibly. With Speed Post the updates are more linear... I think SP is more honest with the updates. As far as shipping costs are concerned, no one can beat SP.

I have sent 100+ packets through SpeedPost. It is reliable and cheap. Tracking is also very good. Best option for common man!
For few locations like Bangalore and Gujarat, articles were delivered the very next day, which even top couriers can't match. And all this for 1/4th the price.

Speed Post is reliable but not the fastest as claimed. It takes anywhere between 3-7 days in my experience while most couriers deliver within 2-4 days.

Speed post has been the fastest to deliver to my place. Couriers either do not deliver in my place, or they deliver slow. When I send packages, speed post is my preferred carrier.
And Worldnet Express for international shipping is amazing (Speed post in tie up with some international partner). My package from Erode, TN was delivered to the US in 5 days flat. That too, at 1/3rd the cost of what was quoted by Bluedart. :)

similar experience here as others have posted, although i have rarely used SP to ship anything other than documents.

Back