PC Peripherals SOS - PC not starting up

mathrisk

.: deleted :.
Adept
I am facing PC start up problem from last few hours.

It was an power cut and since I don't have UPS currently (that went dead last week), PC shut down instantly.

Later when I tried to boot up the system, its not starting up.

On press of the power button, the power light glows, Fans (cpu+system fan) starts - but then it stops.

(light goes out, fans stop)

And after few seconds same thing happens - lights+fan starts and then stop. And it repeats. No beep.

What may be the possible cause?

Config is: PSU - CM600, Abit IP35E, C2D-8200, 2gigs RAM, HD6450, 2 SATA HDDS, 1 IDE optical drive.

And things are kinda old....4 years.
<
(except GPU, which is 6 months old)

Is it the PSU failing? Read some bad things about CM PSUs (after I bought of course
<
)

I removed the cables/RAM once and put 'em back. (well thats all I can do now) - but no, it didn't worked.
<

Any comment/helpwould be much appreciated.

TIA

Do you have the buzzer connected to the motherboard. without that you wont hear any beeps. and this can be case of RAM going kaput.

if possible try with another RAM stick

Do you have the buzzer connected to the motherboard. without that you wont hear any beeps. and this can be case of RAM going kaput.

if possible try with another RAM stick

well I have two RAM sticks (1gigs each) - tried with each one separately.

and I hear some beep on booting and also, once my CPU fan was having issues - and it beeped that time.

What is the POST code displayed on the mobo ? Your mobo have got one

What is POST code? Where can I find that?

#[member='mathrisk'], i guess there is a 2-digit LED display on your mobo, which shows the current POST code in hex format Check the mobo

#[member='CA50'] - I never saw any LED display in my mobo. Are you sure you are talkig bout Abit IP35-E.
<

here's an image..

13-127-031-05.jpg

but I guess Abit IP35 Pro has that LED display you are talking about.

if u get beeps mot probably your CPU is fine.. and since u have 2 sticks of RAM.. get your PSU checked. swap it with a working PSU and see

#[member='mathrisk'], ya mate probably you are right.

Regarding your system issue, you can try a different PSU and check again, and try with a single RAM stick

It looks like the SMPS. It's almost never the CPU. I would suggest you remove everything and try booting up using only the Mobo, CPU,RAM and PSU. If it doesn't boot up replace the PSU, a local 450W wala will do. If it still doesn't boot replace the RAM, then the Mobo...

clear cmos and try again. Try with 1 RAM stick on all channels. Try assembling once outside the cabby. Most probably, its a psu issue, next suspect is the RAM and lastly the mobo.

Incidentally, my abit ip35e (also 4yrs old) also went mad last week, with random sutdowns and now wont sartup.

Back