sony dsc w300

shahrocks

Disciple
guy's i wanna buy this new digicam from sony with 13.6 mpix
but my problem is
indiaplaza is quoting
16700 for it and giving 1 year warranty
Indiaplaza.in : Electronics - Cameras - Sony Cybershot DSC W300-13.6 MP & 3x Optical Zoom
and
local dealers here in gurgaon named openworld
is quoting
19990 for it and 3 years warranty says that indiaplaza is buying thm from gray market and is supplying duplicate accesories with it ie.battery.
what should i do guyz ?:huh:

Wow 13 megapixels on such a small sensor. You can enjoy the many noisy and completely unusable snaps.

Like gizzfreak suggested, get either a Canon IXUS series (preferable below 10 MP ) or get the W120 or W130.

Wow, when did point and shoot cameras hit 13.6 Mpixel :O . Two years ago, 7Mpixel was the rage.

I see that sensor size has increased slightly. We were getting 1/2.5 and 1/1.8 sensors earlier. Now, the size has increased to 1/1.7.

How these 13.6 Mpixel images fare I would like to know. But 13.6M seems like a huge amount. Don't really think that the images will be of high quality. But the increased sensor size should give better quality 5M or 7M images.

sydras said:
But the increased sensor size should give better quality 5M or 7M images.

Decreasing image resolution does not necessarily reduce noise:) if the camera itself is of high MP that means more number of pixels in a small sensor, meaning more and smaller photocells are being crammed into a small space, leading to degraded signal from the sensor and hence to noise.
reducing image resolution does not improve the capability of the individual photocells.

@OP: it is less likely that you would be needing as high a resolution as 13.2 mp. so it would be better to stick to a lower resolution better camera like the Ixus series.

Ixus 870 IS, 85 IS, 950 IS... try out and see which u like.

870 IS has the advantage of wide angle.. but it has no optical viewfinder. if you wouldnt be needing viewfinder then it would be a good choice.

the 85IS has received some good reviews for image quality, but it doesnt have wide angle.

guy's can not find canon 85 is any where on net

saw DSC-W150's slim body with 8.1 effective Mega Pixels incorporates 30mm wide-angle and 5x optical zoom

what about this one it has less megapixel's.

Back