PC Peripherals Some Questions Reg Dragon

Hi

I recently got the dragon platform (AMD x4 940 with HD4870 in 780G). Here are some of questions

1) I have enabled AMD "cool and quite" in Bios. After I have enabled it my Processor run at different frequncies 800MHZ/1800MHZ/3000MHZ and the voltage range is 1-1.41. How can my proc reach 1.41V without even overclocking. The temp range is b/w 35- 45'C

2) I have 2 x transcend 800MHz 2GB ram stick (P chip)
My ram sometime run at different frequncies 400MHZ/500MHZ.
Is this also because of AMD Cool and Quite?
My Ram voltage is around 1.9v, how can this be possible without overclocking?

3) I have MSI 4870 512MB graphic card. My card temp is always b/w 60'C - 80'C.
Will this create any problem and reduce the life of the card?
Do I need after market cooler?
What is the maximum and Min stable clock and memory frequency setting possible through AMD overdrive.
If I underclock my GPU during browsing It will reduce power consumption right?

4) I am having 4GB ram and I use Windows Vista ultimate 32bit OEM version. I feel it a bit slow than my XP machine at office (E6400 with 2GBram). Why?
Do I have to add some more ram and use 64 bit OS?

fluctuation of frequencies is coz of 'cool n quiet' technology. nothing to worry its normal. same thingy happens to my lappy powered with Turion X2.
Btw, i'd never call your system as Dragon platform as 790GX is missing in your case..:bleh:

muzux2 said:
fluctuation of frequencies is coz of 'cool n quiet' technology. nothing to worry its normal. same thingy happens to my lappy powered with Turion X2.
Btw, i'd never call your system as Dragon platform as 790GX is missing in your case..:bleh:

Thanks. B/w I call it as little Dragon Usually. :tongue:

Back