Software to resize video.

prabs

Skilled
I wanted a software that can reduce the video resolution of a video file. The problem is I own a Philips DVP 5965k/94 dvd player and it supports a max resolution of 720x576 and the video file in question has resolution of 736x304. Everytime I try to play it I get an error 'Vide resolution not supported'.

I tried using winavi but it crashes as soon as it begins. I tried using it to convert other video files and it worked fine. So I used ImTOO MPEG Encoder and set the resolution at 640x288. It was successful in the video domain but introduced noise. The audio bitrate of original file is 159 kbps. If I set ImTOO's audio bitrate at 160 kbps it gives a failed message. If I set it at 128 it introduces noise.

I spent the entire weekend doing this again and again experimenting with different inputs and am now at my wits end.

Please suggest an easy to use software for the problem.

Here is the summary according to ImTOO:

Summary:
Duration: 01:51:42
Bit Rate: 1401kbps
Video:
Format: mpeg4
Size: 736x304
Frame rate: 23.98fps
Audio:
Format: mp3
Bit rate: 159kbps
Sample rate: 48000Hz
Channels: stereo

Media Coder , the best freeware.

Any format to any format and does resizing , splitting etc.....

Totally Loaded.

download the latest stable release.

ok so its xvid i suppose. get any video converter freeware and convert it to mpeg format. use tmpgenc to convert the file to nstc or pal dvd video format and resize. tmpgenc has advanced manual options avble.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Managed to resize the video successfully and it works perfectly on the player.

Back