Skyrim bug/glitch

Ecstasy

Disciple
Skyrim is one of the best games so far I have played but its so buggy. Anyhow, I encountered one of the bugs in a quest where I'm stuck badly and guess what... its the main quest called "Reunification of Skyrim- Regain Eastmarch part". Quest was going as planned, I was suppose to rally up with the men and take over the fort which I did. Killed every stormcloak soldiers in there. I went back to Legate Rikke and also General Tulius but still they say that war is on and I should get back to the war.

I tried going back to Fort Amol as well where the war was going on... now neither the stormclock soldiers are there and neither my imperial soldiers. Its just corpses lying here and there.

I can't even roll back to my old saves cause If I do that... I will be loosing 7-8 hours of play. Any idea how to fix this?

Peace out.

One of the reasons I ask folks to not play the civil war quest line before the main quest is completed - buggy as hell! Anyway, where have you progressed in the main quest line?

Is this a game breaking glitch? If not I'd suggest you to enter into the console mode and complete the quest by entering the required command. You can have the command from Skyrim UESP.

I'm on "Battle of Windhelm" quest atm. I have completed Campanions quests except for those animal exterminations and all. Haven't started the thieves guild quest yet if there are any. Game is glitched only related to Imperials cause I don't see Windhelm main city in the map only. When I go on foot, I see that the city is there but all burned down from the war as it started without me and when I go further in... general tulius and legate rikke is waiting for me near the gate to capture Stormcloak leader Ulfrick.

Console command is the only way out I think so too but I don't know how to use it. Never used it in Skyrim.

P.S- Thanks for the quick reply Gannu.

Also, I'm currently downloading the 1.3 patch of Skyrim. Will it help if I update it?

Sorry for double post.

Using the console to complete the quest won't fix the bug for sure. It will only help you to complete the quest and also loosing some important item/weapon or some other part of the further quest... ahhh this is sad. lol

Back