Silicon Case and Screen Protector for Galaxy S

vortex_mak

Disciple
Hi,

I am going to buy a silicon case and a screen protector for my Galaxy S but am confused between Gadgetshieldz and Scratchgard.
I am leaning towards SG for hassle free installation.
Any opinions/experiences ?

I am also looking at silicon cases , currently these two are available on ebay:
PRIME Silicon Case Cover SKIN For SAMSUNG GALAXY I9000
eBay India: PRIME Silicon Case Cover SKIN For SAMSUNG GALAXY I9000 (item 160490955703 end time 18-Oct-2010 23:45:16 IST)

high qlty silicon case for samsung i9000 galaxy
eBay India: high qlty silicon case for samsung i9000 galaxy (item 170550836094 end time 13-Oct-2010 07:57:30 IST)

Soft Jacket2 Xpose Case Samsung Galaxy S I9000
eBay India: Soft Jacket2 Xpose Case Samsung Galaxy S I9000 - Black (item 270635585392 end time 18-Sep-2010 01:55:22 IST)
Anyone using any of these cases? Any opinions ?

Thanks

One person has bought the last Silicon case you listed here , link

I am gonna buy this too, see if you find anything better then let me know.

Yeah, I saw that from the thread only. That one seemed quite good but sadly the listing has ended.

I was looking for the dealer contact details to check the availability but there is no contact number.

I think Ill buy the prime one as only the top two are available on ebay

I've spoken to the girl who manages the listing from that online store they have their shop in Mumbai and she told, New silicone cases have been ordered both white and black and right now they are stuck in customs , so as soon as it reaches to them they'll list it up. Its suppose to take one or two days more and if you want i'll let u know.

hai.

i bought the last one, Soft Jacket2 Xpose Case Samsung Galaxy S I9000, too, a couple of weeks back.

quality wise, its very good. but, used it for 3 to 4 days and removed it. coz,

1. i was looking for a silicon case with extra grip. this one has some grip in it, but, not as much as i expected.

2. volume rocker and power buttons were difficult to handle when the cover is in place.

3. accumulates dust at the screen corner when traveling in dusty environment. the black pouch which was supplied with the mobile was pretty dust proof.

but, i cudnt use the pouch when the silicon case was on. so, currently using a screen protector+pouch. xpose case is lying in my wardrobe, to be experimented in my spare time.

Thanks aruka and ahd.

ahd: Yes please, it would be helpful if you could inform when any good case is up

aruka: As per my understanding, any kind of case which covers the phone permanently will accumulate dust over time. The black pouch does not accumulate dust as we have to keep inserting and removing the phone multiple times.

Do you have any idea about the silicon cases? I would like to know whether the Soft Jacket Xpose securely covers the phone or is it loose ?

Does it get too hard to press the side buttons?

Did you notice any attenuation in the Wifi and cell signal quality?

Thanks

@ Vortex : OKay I shall let u know

@aruka: You said it accumulates the dust in the screen corner so is that because its a little loose there and leaves a gap for the dust to settle in ?

And have you found anything better ?

Guys, whats the difference between a silicon case and a gel case ?

Is the gel one a rigid plastic case (TPU) ? cause I know the silicone ones are soft and flexible like rubber.

What about Soft Jacket2 Xpose ? I suppose going by its name its a flexible rubber case ?

Thanks

vortex_mak said:
aruka: As per my understanding, any kind of case which covers the phone permanently will accumulate dust over time. The black pouch does not accumulate dust as we have to keep inserting and removing the phone multiple times.
Do you have any idea about the silicon cases? I would like to know whether the Soft Jacket Xpose securely covers the phone or is it loose ?

Does it get too hard to press the side buttons?

Did you notice any attenuation in the Wifi and cell signal quality?
Thanks
it covers the phone snugly and securely. there are no gaps, yet dust accumulation is significant. maybe, its because i travel much in dusty environment...donno.
and, yes. its difficult to press the volume rocker and the power buttons when the cover is on. maybe, u can circumvent this problem by cutting out the silicon cover by yourself at the volume and power buttons. i haven't tried it myself.
and there is no attenuation in the cell signal quality for the 3-4 days i used it.
ahd said:
@aruka: You said it accumulates the dust in the screen corner so is that because its a little loose there and leaves a gap for the dust to settle in ?
And have you found anything better ?
no its not loose, but still 'i' find the dust accumulation significant. and, Ive stopped searching for SGS cases and covers... :( not many are available in the stores for u to try it out b4 u buy one. yes, many are available in online stores, but, what i feel is u have to try the cases/pouches for yourself b4 u buy one, which I sadly cant do with SGS.

^^ I also have the Soft Jacket Xpose case. Totally satisfied with it. I dont have the dust accumulation problem, but maybe bcos I dont travel too much in dusty environments.

Yes, initially it is a little difficult to use the volume rocker and power buttons, but you get used to it in a couple of days. I dont find it an inconvenience now.

Keeping the phone in a pouch is a much bigger inconvenience for me coz every time u get a call u need to pull it out of the pouch.

vortex_mak said:
Guys, whats the difference between a silicon case and a gel case ?

Is the gel one a rigid plastic case (TPU) ? cause I know the silicone ones are soft and flexible like rubber.

What about Soft Jacket2 Xpose ? I suppose going by its name its a flexible rubber case ?

Thanks

Gel cases are also Soft like Silicone ones for that I know for sure, I am not sure about this but Gel cases might have a gel like substance injected in the case so as to make it a shock absorbent one so thats why they are called 'Gel' cases.

I've spoken to the person several times now , for that 'Xpose Case' and the case although they say is in customs right now, it is taking forever to reach their shop and I've been in touch with them for almost 20 days now and they just keep giving me dates. So best thing we can do is buy any one (but different from other) of them test it out and let other person since they are just 198 Rs and no other cases seems to be available at the moment and from a long time.

You can buy the first one i.e, 'Prime Silicone Case' from the above links that you posted, I'll by the second i.e., 'High qlty silicone case'

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Just got a call from her, the Galaxy S case is listed back, hurry its just 5 in stock, Minus 1 that I am buying so 4 here is the Link

lol, thats what I wrote there the other day, 'see my updated thread post' ^^

if you think thats better then you should get it. Also once u've bought it let me know your feedback on that.

arvnd said:
^^ I also have the Soft Jacket Xpose case. Totally satisfied with it. I dont have the dust accumulation problem, but maybe bcos I dont travel too much in dusty environments.
Yes, initially it is a little difficult to use the volume rocker and power buttons, but you get used to it in a couple of days. I dont find it an inconvenience now.

Keeping the phone in a pouch is a much bigger inconvenience for me coz every time u get a call u need to pull it out of the pouch.
Can you tell me how the Screen guard provided with the case for free is ? (Its of Capdase brand right ?)

ahd said:

if you think thats better then you should get it. Also once u've bought it let me know your feedback on that.

Can you tell me how the Screen guard provided with the case for free is ? (Its of Capdase brand right ?)
Hello Ahd,

I had capdase barely there case. i got a sceen protector with that too.the one i got is the worst screen protector you can think of. It got removed by itself in 4 days. I am not sure wether the same screen protector will be given with this Xpose case or not.

Thanks

ahd said:

Screen protector was very good I would say. No bubbles at all - easy to apply and no scratches even after close to a month of use. I haven't used other screen protectors so cant do a comparison. But I'm fully satisfied with this one.

The only problem I'm facing is that the surface is not as smooth as glass so if ur finger is slightly wet or damp it's a little bit difficult to use (till ur hand dries out).

Havent used other screen protectors so I dont know if this is the case with all.

gursud said:
Hello Ahd,

I had capdase barely there case. i got a sceen protector with that too.the one i got is the worst screen protector you can think of. It got removed by itself in 4 days. I am not sure wether the same screen protector will be given with this Xpose case or not.

Thanks
oh well ,
Sounds like its of a even worse quality than the 100 Rs one's that u get locally. Well actually , I bought a 3GS from a TE member and he had put this 'Capdase' case on and I've even removed it and re-applied it twice , and its Anti-Glare and even smudge/oil proof to an extent. So was wondering, if it would be of similar quality.

Got the Capdase Soft Jacket Xpose Case for I9000 today,

Overall the look and feel is good, except it could had a bit more ruggedness to it and a bit more Grip. The Volume and Power buttons are hard to press as of now , Maybe it will loosen up after some time, the Power button bugs me especially so I might cut that portion out.

Anyone who wants to know more about it can PM me :)

I don't use any screen protectors. Bought a case from casemate ; expensive but worth it, added quite a bit of heft and weight and top notch protection as well.

Back