Sify Broadband gets cheap at higher speeds

exactly..i rmmbr getting a 100hr dial-up back 2 yrs back frm Sify.
much to my surprise, i wasn't allowed to use the full 100 hrs as promised.
they kept deducting time frm it during each login for some unknown reason.
when i asked the customer support, they said sify works that way only.

that was my one and only experience with sify (thankfully) :)

^^ must be the Sify Gold.. Their so called 'unltd monthly pack' has a clause which says if u use more than 6 hours in a day, then ur validity period will be cut short by one day.

And their Broadband is no different. I have been a Sify BB user since October 2004 and so far I have been compensated with one 128kbps night pack and four 7-day trial packs.. they still owe me compensation packs for 15 more days..

Apart from that I have had no connection for 8 straight days at nights (even last night there was no connection). Their customer care sooo sux.. they register the call, follow up during the day (by calling me) and have the standard "we'll get back to you" on their lips.. and the same thing goes around in a cycle.

Me looking for one of the top executives of Sify to complain to.. Any help from ya in getting me the contact number will be highly appreciated :D

Sify Broadband, Sify Gold and all shoud be renamed to Shitty Broadband, Shitty Gold!

Sify is the worst ISP IMO. The service Sucks & the help desk line is always busy, no ******* there to attend a Customer Call.
In their unlimited Pkgs where there is no DATA download bondage, they track users & the ones who are really into downloads & all are always restricted to 3-4 KBps.

it all boild down to the last mile connection.
Yes there is 150MB limit. i exceed it and dont care about getting 1 day deucted. For Rs.500 a month its cheap and best available in my area.
For me the experience has been good.
No complain about the speed. The only problem is it logs off when there is extended in activity.
We mumbaikars are already blessed with low rates from sify.
128K unlimited connection for just 500 bucks a month. And yes they have different rates for different regions of India.
I have their 256KBps connection for server hosting and many people here know how good it was to play on.
I ditched the pacenet bcoz of their unreliability.
The only problem i ever had was the IP conflict which was solved within 3 hours of calling customer service.
My cablewala maintains the local network very well.
He checks the cables every week. He always has hardware backup if some components fails.
The only uncontrollable thing is power cut on his side.

90% of the problems are in this last mile connection. Its the dealers/cablewalas which do not maintain their network properly.

funkymonkey said:
90% of the problems are in this last mile connection. Its the dealers/cablewalas which do not maintain their network properly.

Yes it is! thats what I am facing too! But since its "Sify" broadband i am getting and not what my cable wallh gives, Sify shud make sure we get good connections.. else, whats the whole point of branding it Sify BB!

TheMask said:
Me looking for one of the top executives of Sify to complain to.. Any help from ya in getting me the contact number will be highly appreciated :D
Well i will look into these matters after a years time :)

Sify just plain fools customers out there. IMO - Sify is the worst Broadband isp 'in the world' believe me if there was a section in guiness for providing lowest speeds with maximum pay and capped limits in all the plans than Sify takes the crwon for sure. Please, Ban Sify!

Back