Should i buy sony ercisson x10

i am thinking to get th SE x10... what do u guys say????
my purpose is calling and messaging and liight net usage....i like the design...

plzz suggest.... budget max 30k

For just calling and messaging why do you need X10 :s

Get a Nokia 5230 for 7.5k, will suffice your browsing needs also. :)

Not soo great...

But you can get..

Omnia HD for 26-27K..

Milestone for 27K..

Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 for 22K.....

HTC Legend for 23K.

Also consider iPhone 3GS for 32K(Slightly above budget)...

The iPhone is more costly but nothing can beat its voice or audio clarity and its touch sensitivity..

For multimedia and cam go for Omnia HD...

Its a gr8 phone , but late OS update around year end (Android 1.6 to 2.1 ) have spoiled the things for SE ... If you dont mind late OS update , its definitely better phone overall ...

I would say go for it !! Definitely better than iPhone ...

^^Expect 2.2 update when android 4.0 comes.

lol..

the 2.1 update comes when gingerbread releases..

Too slow SE..

Parv said:
For just calling and messaging why do you need X10 :s

Get a Nokia 5230 for 7.5k, will suffice your browsing needs also. :)
I totally agree with this comment. X10 is not a phone just for calling and texting and light browsing. Instead, get something like E71 or SE Hazel. More than enough for your needs. 20k saved!

Get the X10 if:

1) You are an ardent SE fan

2) Don't mind a flimsy phone. For something that costly, it has a cheap plastic body and the build and finish aren't great either

3) Can stick to older versions of android and wait a long time for the newer ones

given the features that are added to iOS 4, yes, it will be a good buy if you are not much into video recording and camera but waiting for phones like galaxy s, droid x, desire will be a better choice.

i would definately recommend u to buy xperia x10, the camera and sound quality is best out there in any andriod phone , yes sound from speaker is feeble at best but plug in the head phone and it is much better then many android phones out there . the screen is realy awesome and while surfing the net bigger the better. many will comment that is plasticy and flimsy because they have never held the phone in there hand, looks department is subjective , make up ur mind when u see one. regarding updates. it is the same story with every phone manufacturer out there , samsung with touchwiz3.o, htc with sense ui , even the htc hero is getting updated to 2.1 now after 9-10 months after it was launched. the update fo xperia to 2.1 is coming in later half of 3rd qtr that means expect an update in august, 2 months from now and as an added bonus hd video recording at 720p through software update. take look at the link below for more information about update.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sorry forgot to paste the link , here it is .

X8 Announcement and XPERIA Updates | Product Launch Blog

If you do not want headaches, stay away.

Missed call and sms alerts are buggy at the moment. I wouldnt have noticed it if I wasnt paranoid enough to dial my own number from other phones on the day I started using X10 to make sure its working properly.

Well it does not. If you do not immediately check the missed call, and phone goes into standby, randomly it will loose missed call alerts and same happens with sms alerts. LED sometimes does not blink. Not to add weak loudspeaker. I thought my Nexus One has weak speaker. But it was louder when not put on sofa or bed.

Timescape and Mediascape is fresh and unique. No doubt about it. But other than that, there is nothing special about this Phone. The sound quality is not any plus in favour of SE this time around. Its sound output is exactly same as Nexus one and Desire ( desire is louder ).

Q3 2.1 update is a big joke. Everyone else is about to move onto Froyo which brings significant performance boost to the table.

This is another case of buy only if you want to show it off gadget at the moment.

Shripad said:
If you do not want headaches, stay away.

Missed call and sms alerts are buggy at the moment. I wouldnt have noticed it if I wasnt paranoid enough to dial my own number from other phones on the day I started using X10 to make sure its working properly.

Well it does not. If you do not immediately check the missed call, and phone goes into standby, randomly it will loose missed call alerts and same happens with sms alerts. LED sometimes does not blink. Not to add weak loudspeaker. I thought my Nexus One has weak speaker. But it was louder when not put on sofa or bed.

Timescape and Mediascape is fresh and unique. No doubt about it. But other than that, there is nothing special about this Phone. The sound quality is not any plus in favour of SE this time around. Its sound output is exactly same as Nexus one and Desire ( desire is louder ).

Q3 2.1 update is a big joke. Everyone else is about to move onto Froyo which brings significant performance boost to the table.

This is another case of buy only if you want to show it off gadget at the moment.
Never happened wid me.. strange..

i am leaning towards apple 3gs...can i buy that phone???? what do u say guys.....i need a phone which has superb build quality and flaunt value and gives me a feel that i am holding a 30k+ handset....

Back