Seeking Help: SE W700i weird problem

Blugene

Adept
:(

my w700i has been behaving pretty weirdly over the last couple of months. Here are the symptoms:

1) Its draining any battery within minutes (max 30 mins if on full charge). The phone gets too hot during this draining process.

2) once a battery gets completely drained, the phone is not able to charge the drained battery again. The battery has to be put in another working phone for charging. But, a battery with a bit of steam left in it does get charged through the phone. The phone gets a bit hot during charging too.

3) The network reception goes on and off repeatedly. At times, the reception just becomes zero for abt 20-30mins after a call is completed.

i have searched extensively on net but hvnt come across any such problem with any other SE phone on any forum/blog/post etc.

Unfortunately for me, the warranty had expired abt a few weeks before these weird things started happening.

I took it to the SE service center in lammy and it was lying there for the past 2 months or so. Finally , i was told it was ready and i cud collect it on tuesday(today). today when i went thr, i was about to be charged Rs. 500 when the problems resurfaced there itself. I cud charge one drained battery through another phone over there put it in my phone. It then booted and started working. But when i put it to charge the phone got heated, network reception was gone .so back to square one. God knows what the dumb asses at the service center were doing for so long.

so ultimately, they cudnt repair it (i was told that there was some short circuit happening smwhr on the PCB and that has to be replaced at a cost of arnd 6k). on hearing that, i was on the streets in a flash. i was thinking of getting the phone exchanged hoping the phone would last at least half an hr with whatever steam the battery was left with. Alas, by the time i reached the mobile store, disaster had struck. no steam left in battery. phone wudnt turn on. that was the end of story. no buybacks.

Now i need to figure out if there are any trustworthy mobile repair shops where i can get the set repaired to get it to work even for a temporary period say a day/two. If you know of any such place worth a try, kindly let me know.

hmmm...well you can goto manish market...on the 1st floor there'z a repair shop named canara...you could just ask any of the shop that where'z shetty or jayaram shetty...he'z quite reputed and trustworthy...infact i have been goin there and suggesting my frnds that shop for the past 3 yrs...try your luck out there...

btw have ya tried using new battery...??? seems to be a problem with your battery...

thanks. will check in MM. i'm sure the problem is not with battery. i ended up getting 2 more batteries assuming that there was a problem with the battery. else how does one explain when the same battery when used in some other phone works perfectly fine.

vinay_0007 said:
a simple suggestion.... Did u replace battery with new one..??

thats what i've already asked him and he has already replied to it :)
Blugene said:
thanks. will check in MM. i'm sure the problem is not with battery. i ended up getting 2 more batteries assuming that there was a problem with the battery. else how does one explain when the same battery when used in some other phone works perfectly fine.

i'm thinking of getting it exchanged for an E51. i finally got my battery to get some steam by charging through another phone. Now the same battery when put in my phone with a bit of steam is nicely getting charged. So i guess once the battery is fully charged, i'd straightaway head to a store and get it exchanged. :) lets see how things work out.

Finally, i could get the phone exchanged, but only for rs.3k. after playing with the phone for abt half an hr the guy at the counter discovered the network problem part and reduced the exchange value by 1k. Anyways repairing was not an option for me. So i got a new Nokia 3500c with 1gb card for rs. 3300 extra. E51 was a little out of budget for me.

Congrats..

Altleast u can take heart that the person didn discovered ur fone's second problem.. else another ~1k cut wd have been on the cards. ;)

Back