PC Peripherals Seasonic M12D 850W - replacement unit busted! :@

Bang on! Here's mine - R0905AA25084003X.

I guess when this batch left the production facility to the QC dept, those guys messed it up without having the units checked. :mad:

I suggest you get the unit checked at Prime to avoid this happening further.

Funny, they checked and called back saying the fan is working and are sending it back to me. I am sure it didn't work when I booted the PC. Anything else I could be doing wrong or could be causing this?

^Nothing that I could think of ATM. In any case, what system is this PSU powering?

In my case, I powered the system so long as the PSU went bust and sent the defective PSU back to Tirupathi, Ahmedabad branch.

Q6600, 2 HDDs, 295 GTX, Xfi . I think I will have to follow your route. I hope the Mobo and other parts don't get affected in this.

^Dont risk it! If the fan doesn't work, take the PSU to Prime and get it checked right in front of them.

In the meantime, I request you to send a mail to Gautam Singh, Tirupathi concerning the issue since this needs to be alerted to Seasonic, Taiwan. Do notify them of the serial number of the PSU as well.

Gannu said:
^Dont risk it! If the fan doesn't work, take the PSU to Prime and get it checked right in front of them.

In the meantime, I request you to send a mail to Gautam Singh, Tirupathi concerning the issue since this needs to be alerted to Seasonic, Taiwan. Do notify them of the serial number of the PSU as well.

Please PM me the contact info and I'll do that. I'll probably connect the PSU, start up, take pics and then hand it over to prime

@Gannu - Robo was about to buy the same unit, and i told him to wait as even i suspected the Batch was faulty :p I guess i had told u the same when you had called me a few days back. Seasonic is a top tier PSU manufacturer, so if 2 PSU's (Now 3 including pguy's) are showing the same symptoms, then its *nearly* the entire batch.

pguy said:
Please PM me the contact info and I'll do that. I'll probably connect the PSU, start up, take pics and then hand it over to prime

Take a video instead from your cellphone - here're the contact details:

Tirupati Enterprises
Gautam Singh
rma@tirupati.net
TEL: +91 33 22251192 / 22251193

Seasonic Taiwan
support@seasonic.com.tw

Posted the address for the benefit of other members who may buy the same unit and end up the same way.

Hard to believe this happenning with SS, good for U Gannu. Pguy did u get a new one?
Subscribed to this thread. I might buy a 380W SS for a friend. What to do if it fails New Delhi???? Prolly go to Tirupathi delhi?

AFAIK, its the 850W batch that was bad, and the other PSU's are good to go. This is because heard no stories about any other units getting busted.

I might buy a 380W SS for a friend. What to do if it fails New Delhi???? Prolly go to Tirupathi delhi?

Yep. You will need to contact Tirupati's delhi Office.

Thanks PhOeNiX :)

PhOeNiX said:
AFAIK, its the 850W batch that was bad, and the other PSU's are good to go. This is because heard no stories about any other units getting busted.

Yep. You will need to contact Tirupati's delhi Office.

In my case, I took the PSU to prime and it was working there. So I plugged it back into my PC and well it started working. But there are brief times the fan doesn't work. But at the moment I don't care as much. If it burns/smokes will take it out and give it to prime.

Until then, its working well. Needed it for my 295 gtx+

That cud risk ur other components :p

pguy said:
In my case, I took the PSU to prime and it was working there. So I plugged it back into my PC and well it started working. But there are brief times the fan doesn't work. But at the moment I don't care as much. If it burns/smokes will take it out and give it to prime.

Until then, its working well. Needed it for my 295 gtx+

pguy said:
But there are brief times the fan doesn't work. But at the moment I don't care as much.

Strictly a NO - NO for a PSU. Stop using it, get it replaced, or what ever. But just do not use it. Imagine it takes out your 295.....!

Back