Scammed by Offerbean.com

Hey guys! I booked a Cell phone on Offerbean.com on Sep 25th and paid 5350/- using my Debit card.
The product has still not been shipped and i have not received any communication from them whatsoever. Sent them more than 10 emails asking about the status of the Shipment and they have not replied to a single email. Tried calling them but they are not picking up any calls.
I think i have been scammed. Has anyone previously ordered anything from the site? Please suggest me what to do! :(
I do not need the phone but i just need a refund. Kindly advice what should i do now?

Please provide order no sir

Sorry for inconvenience
Please provide order no for more tracking

Thanks
Team Offerbean
Hey guys! I booked a Cell phone on Offerbean.com on Sep 25th and paid 5350/- using my Debit card.
The product has still not been shipped and i have not received any communication from them whatsoever. Sent them more than 10 emails asking about the status of the Shipment and they have not replied to a single email. Tried calling them but they are not picking up any calls.
I think i have been scammed. Has anyone previously ordered anything from the site? Please suggest me what to do! :(
I do not need the phone but i just need a refund. Kindly advice what should i do now?

@offerbean would you care to introduce yourself and provide an explanation for the delay and non responsive customer care with regards to OP's complaint? Just a sorry for inconvenience is very sarkari.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do i doubt that this Offerbean on TE is the real one or not :/
Anyways , i saw the Facebook page of this website . pretty disappointing dude . Many people have lost money . i think the only way to get back your money is Legally or get their address somehow and reach their place with cops / gundas / whatever works .
i hope you get your money / really hate shady online businesses . They hamper the trust and others' website's business too .

I ordered a 16 gb pendrive. Didn't get it for two weeks, no communication from Offerbean. Send emails to all available ids, received the pen drive atlast but its a fake one. Could not read back data after writing to the drive. Tried to format the drive, now the drive does not work at all.

Seems like a fraud company. Just read what i found on consumer complaints site.
Offer Bean, Suite D-79, Sharda Residency, Mangal Marg, Bapu Nagar, Jaipur / San Disk 16GB Pen Drive – 2Pcs ? Online Complaint

What you can do now is take the transaction number you got while using debit card and complain to bank saying you got cheated. ask them to get the money back to your account. if bank doesn't help, go to police and file an FIR saying they (offerbean) scammed you of your money. this company seems like a real big scam site to me.

Find people on TE close to that area !
Request them to visit Offerbean and get back your money !
Don't request . And if you are sure that the Address is correct. Police complaint ! yes !
They stole money , they'll have to pay you back as well as do the time in jail/Pay Fine

Yea OP, you can definitely file a police complaint. They cheated you off your money with a false promise/service and the transaction happened electronically. So this will come under the preview of some information technology act. They were showing this on a TV on a news channel. The IT laws have been given some teeth to bring scamsters like these to book. The commissioner was giving a statement that people don't complaint on such issues because of lack of trust in the police. I just hope it wasn't a PR routine and the police acts on such complaints. Definitely worth a try and it will help if you have a lawyer friend or somebody with some influence. Hope you get your money back.

Even if the physical address of the company is false they can still track down the hosting company and the IP address of the person running this scam from his home/office and get him by the balls. Question is are they ready to act for 5k which they might consider insignificant or some body needs to be a bigger victim in there books to get justice.

Find people on TE close to that area !
Request them to visit Offerbean and get back your money !
Don't request . And if you are sure that the Address is correct. Police complaint ! yes !
They stole money , they'll have to pay you back as well as do the time in jail/Pay Fine

that company address on the offerbean website is actually a basement room. In the link i gave, if you read it, the person who got scammed of money sent someone to that hotel address only to find no one there. So i assume, even if someone from TE goes to that hotel, there wont be anyone in that basement area. probably it must be some storage room or something. so it looks like a well thought of scamming operation to me now. probably some hotel employee like a waiter or some past visitor might have got the idea to make fast bucks by making a fake shopping website from his friend and just duping people of their money.

offerbean hiding in mama's closet now or what? Please refund OP's money and get this over with because if people decide to pursue this further it might not be far when you'll be spending at-least a few nights in a jail cell. People here does not take cheating and scamming the community members lightly.

@gani.slimshady its always better to pay using a credit card. In cases like these you get buyer protection and you can request for a chargeback from the credit card company. Also raise a complaint with the payment gateway. Ask them to blacklist this vendor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Just got this mail from ccavenue!!:bigok:

"
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Dear Customer,

This is to inform you that the merchant has initiated the refund process for order number2015902 for your transaction on http://www.offerbean.com. This refund request would be forwarded to the concerned bank and refunds completed as per bank procedure.Rest assured amount would reflect in your account as per the bank's procedure.

Until then we request for your cooperation. "
[/FONT]

I Just got this mail from ccavenue!!:bigok:

"

Dear Customer,

This is to inform you that the merchant has initiated the refund process for order number2015902 for your transaction on http://www.offerbean.com. This refund request would be forwarded to the concerned bank and refunds completed as per bank procedure.Rest assured amount would reflect in your account as per the bank's procedure.

Until then we request for your cooperation. "

Awesome ! Congrats , And be careful next time while buying (though i doubt i have to tell you this :p)
but read site reviews online / Ask on TE etc. and you'll be safe with online purchases :D

Awesome ! Congrats , And be careful next time while buying (though i doubt i have to tell you this :p)
but read site reviews online / Ask on TE etc. and you'll be safe with online purchases :D

Just to be sure verify the sender address of the email. It should be from @ccavenue.com
Cheerio :)

Back