Video Samsung LCD 2009 : Bye Bye wdtv?

nfsfan

Adept
2009 Samsung HDTVs

This would be an interesting turn of events, but looking back at that AVForum post from earlier this week we noticed -- thanks Megazone -- that the new Samsung HDTVs featuring Internet@Tv Widgets will also include support for just about every video codec we've heard of (full list after the jump). So while some people might be clamoring for widgets on their TV -- we're not -- others just want an easy to playback 1080p MKV files with h.264 inside. Of course this isn't official or anything, but we'll be waiting -- with our hopes up -- until the Samsung press event tomorrow at 5PM EST.

[Via GizmoLovers]

Containers

* MKV

* WMV

* VOB

* AVI

* TS

* 3GP

* MPG

* ASF

Codecs

* XviD

* DivX 3.11/4.x/5.1/6.0/

* H.264 BP/MP/HP

* MPEG-1

* MPEG-2

* MPEG-4 SP/ASP

* Motion JPEG

* Windows Media Video V9

* VC1

Sources :

New Samsung TVs to support every codec we've heard of?

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183089

Samsung's 2009 Lineup - AVForums.com

looks like my wait for the tv set is going to be worth it!

well yes apart from the above the new tvs from samsung and sony have improved image processing and contrasts,so i guess u will have to wait till july to see the new sony lcds ,i guess samsung will launch their new tvs too.

looks like the usb-movies function is there on series 7+ . here are the latest models, from samsung USA website.

LCD TV - televisions | SAMSUNG
panels have improved dcr and a surprisingly higher response time(6ms vs 5ms for the series 5). By looking at this, i feel like its best to buy the current lot itself, when they will be about to phased out.

samsung have launched some new led tvs in india. when can we expect the refreshed sony and samsung lineups in india?

vb86 said:
samsung have launched some new led tvs in india. when can we expect the refreshed sony and samsung lineups in india?

well according the press release,the new models have been launched already,as far as sony is concerned it will available in JUNE,sony themself don't have a LED backlight midrange lcd tv but instead they have a HE-CCFL based tv or highly efficient CCFL based tvs like the WE5 series.
but the high end sony models like the X450A from 46inch have a RGB led with bravia 2 pro engine,this one has the regular 100hz motion flow and but it also has a LED motion flow system which flicker the LEDS at a high speeds to further improve motion resolution without judder.X450A is the ultimate lcd out there.

Anish said:
^ Yeah and they feature the USB Movie function too.

Any idea on pricing for 40/46" Series 6/7?
well the 40inch 6 series LED lcd tv starts at MRP1.25lakh all the way upto 3.5lakh.

smoky004 said:
there are rumors that sony plans to launch oled tvs this year.Or is it next yr?
well even if they do it will just be to expensive,OLED won't be affordable till 2012.
kiran007 said:
so any updates on the rumored samsung LCD wit all those codecs support ?

well i believe samsung has launched those models, according to press release they have launched the LED lcd tvs along with 5 other new series so looks like they have added for this year the series 7.

Guys LG Jazz or scarlet already have USB port where you can connect USB drive.

Any owners of LG LCD please confirm ? also share what formats you can play.

Back