Android Samsung Galaxy S3 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a S3 32 gb. It doesnt get recognised by my pc when i connect it to my USB. My pc is win 7 64 bit. Searched the net and many people are having the same issue. How to get rid of it ?

Does it void warranty.... ?

Downloaded the leaked 4.1.2 firmware today.... Has all the features found in Note II including the multiview mode... Really impressed with performance as it is more smoother and better than 4.1.1.... Compared it with my friends Note II and it was same performance without any lag... This ROM will release in December... If you do NOT want to wait, then go for it... You will not regret it.... Huge stride in benchmark as I was getting 210 MFLOPS in Linpack and 6500 in Quadrant (Which is closer to Optimus G/Nexus 4)..... I have attached the screenshots of all the changes/features..... WHO NEEDS NOTE II NOW??? :p GO S3............... I LOVE IT.....

Features:

PLEASE NOTE: You flash it the same way you do the official Samsung ROM through ODIN... Before you flash through ODIN, please reset and remove your root because this ROM already comes pre rooted... I did not do that and had fail in ODIN 4 times before realizing my mistake :duh: Also remember to wipe cache and Dalvik cache... Please read the instructions....

Here is the download link: Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: I9300XXELK4_I9300OJKELK5_ILO.zip
Instructions on how to flash: Install / Flash Jelly Bean 4.1.2 I9300XXELK4 on Galaxy S3 with Odin - DonAndroid

Here are screenshots:

FEATURES:

Multiview:
Youtube/Chrome Browser
View attachment 16361

Video player/Youtube (absolute zero lag and sound from both videos like pc... Real impressive)
View attachment 16362

Techenclave/Maps
View attachment 16363

Techenclave/Maps (Vertical view)
View attachment 16364

New Cool Jazz font added with this update

View attachment 16365

Apps supported for multiview is same as Note II
View attachment 16366

New features like Page Buddy, Customizing Notification Panel is present in Display settings
View attachment 16367

Features like Smart Rotation is also present
View attachment 16368

Customizing Notification panels
View attachment 16369

Paper Artist
View attachment 16370

Note II Gallery view
View attachment 16372

View attachment 16371

BENCHMARKS:

Quadrant (6500)
View attachment 16373

Linpack (211.10 MFLOPS)
View attachment 16374

Nenamark 2 (59.2 fps)
View attachment 16375

Antutu Benchmark (12944)
View attachment 16376

Yes... even though its samsung firmware, its not official. Its leaked version for testing.... official firmware will be released in december...

Hi,

Recently bought a S3..
Looking for Case/Cover and Scratch Guard..
Pls suggest some good ones..
It would be better if the case comes with a stand as I watch movies often while travelling..

Thanks,
Flyer.

This is great news for SGS3 owners.
Many of the Note II features are coming to SGS3 in Android 4.1.2 update.

features

• Android version 4.1.2
  • Multi-View
  • Page Buddy
  • New Gallery App (Same as in Note II)
  • Notification Panel (Notification Panel can now be customized)
  • Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
  • Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
  • Paper Artist App
  • Group Cast App

This gonna be awesome. Hope they release in India soon.

Galaxy S III gets Android 4.1.2 update, lots of Note II features - GSMArena.com news

When can we expect a 4.1.2 Official update in India? I do not wanna use the leaked one hence asking. And can someone suggest me some good sites to buy back covers ( not the flip ones already got it ) not plain solid colors should be with graphic designs. Already on 4.1.1 JB though.

Looking forward to the premium suite: (Especially Camera enhancements like: Best Face and Low Light)

I got an USB OTG from ebay (for 98 bucks.)
Could anyone please guide me how to connect Wired Xbox controller to my S3.
USB/BTJoystick Center 6 seems to do it - but its 245 bucks. Don't want to waste much on something I might not used.
Any there any cheaper (<100) app to do the same.

btw, imy phone is not rooted.

Hello,

Surprised that no activity on such a popular phone, Let me try kick it alive.

Looking to buy this if I get a good deal as Christmas deal. Please let me know if u folks find any deals. If I find, I will post here.

Thanks
Sun

are you guys doing that via OTA as my phone is still showing "The latest updates have already been installed".Do I have to go thru the painful process of Kies which didn't work during the JB upgrade and had to revert to ODIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back