Samsung Galaxy S2 Yellow Tint Issue

nitmeh3

Disciple
Does anyone here have that issue ? I have been using the phone since 2 weeks and i have it. I went to the SSC today and they checked infront of me , the display was perfect , they said it is a motherboard issue. And that they will give me the phone back on Monday-Tuesday. Is it worth the wait ? Or should i get the phone back and wait for the official firmware update as some people said the issue disappeared after upgrading to 2.3.4 or 2.3.5 as it was a software problem. What to do guys?
And also what is the Latest Official Indian firmware version for the SGS2 ? I am on 2.3.3 KE7

the official indian latest firmware is KF3 & upgrading the firmware is not going to solve the issue. AFAIK most s2s have this issue with more or less degree of severity. I had my s2 replaced cause there was too much of the yellow tinge, the replacement's screen is miles better but still if u know how to look for it you might find a hint of yellow tinge.

I say try getting the display replaced if u can but dont expect too much

I went to SSC , they changed the display and it was all the same. Then they changed the motherboard and it was pure white. Although the colors seemed to be a bit washed out. Yes mine was KF3 only i guess. People said on other forums that the problem disappeared after upgrading to KGx firmware. When does samsung plan to update the indian batch of SGS2

^that only samsung knows. But all sgs2 displays have some sort of problem or the other. Also take care not to have any sand/sand-like particle on the screen, the screen will get scratched easily. Comapred to my DHD & sensation screens, the sgs2 screen seems to get scratched easily by dust or sand particles.

Well I've done that grey-background-in-dark-room test at low brightness multiple times but couldn't notice a thing.

May be because its my first smartphone but as long as I don't notice it there shouldn't be an issue.

Doesn't look to be a hardware issue, is it?

It is not a hardware issue. They said they will change the motherboard , which has the OS installed on it , so it has to be a software issue.

^ its good that you dint notice coz ignorance is always bliss :) That way you will love your phone even more. But yes it seems to be a hardware issue & I suspect Samsung knows it too but they cant recall 10million + handsets that they have sold globally. May be that is why they have decided to put SAMOLED & not SAMOLED+ displays on their next gen phones. IMO SAMOLED+ was a half-baked tech. It had potential but too many issues were there too.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@nitmeh...bear in mind that most Sammy service center people in India are basically clueless clowns..They put the blame on software & their answer to every problem is either software upgrade or change of motherboard.

Got the phone back today. And the hue/tint has disappeared :D The display is still the same. They just changed the motherboard. And they flashed my firmware to Android 2.3.5 XXKI4. Phew , a sigh of relief at last :)

Those who have the yellow hue/tint issue shall get their motherboard replaced from Samsung , believe me it resolves the issue. I checked my display against all sorts of backgrounds ( different shades of white and gray) and at all angles and at minimum brightness. But i just hope it doesn't appear later too. It is perfect as of now , touchwood.

Back