Samsung Galaxy Note III To Have 13MP camera, 3GB RAM and 3200mAh Battery

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Samsung is expected to announce their new Galaxy Note III next month but whole bunch of new leaks has almost confirmed us what the upcoming phablet will have under its hood.

The Note III was spotted on DLNA website with the model numbers SM-N500S. The listing states that the device will be running latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS. It will have Wi-Fi a/ac/b/g/n support.

SamMobile also heard from some insiders that the Note III will come in at least two two variants (SM-N900 & SM-N9005) and will have following specs -

DISPLAY
SM-N900: 5.68 inch Full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) display
SM-N9005: 5.68 inch Full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) display

CPU
SM-N900: 1.8GHz Octa-core Exynos 5420
SM-N9005: CPU UNCONFIRMED

GPU
SM-N900: ARM Mali-T628 MP6
SM-N9005: GPU UNCONFIRMED

RAM
SM-N900: RAM UNCONFIRMED
SM-N9005: 3GB LPDDR3 RAM

CAMERA
SM-N900: 13 Megapixel with Optical Image Stabilisation
SM-N9005: 13 Megapixel with Optical Image Stabilisation

LTE CONNECTIVITY
SM-N900: No
SM-N9005: Yes

STORAGE *
SM-N900: 16/32/64GB User memory + microSD slot (up to 64GB)
SM-N9005: 16/32/64GB User memory + microSD slot (up to 64GB)

OS
SM-N900: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
(Current test fimrware: N900XXEBMH5/N900OXABMH5/N900XXUBMH5)
SM-N9005: Android 4.3 Jellybean
(Current test firmware: N9005XXEBMH9/N9005OXABMH9/N9005XXUBMH9)

BATTERY
SM-N900: 3,200 mAh
SM-N9005: 3,200 mAh

If the specs are true, the Note III will have smallest screen size among other flagship phablets like Xperia Z Ultra and the rumored HTC One Max with 5.9-6" display.
But the 13MP camera, 3GB RAM with Octa-core processor and S-Pen may give it a slight edge over the rest.

Looks like they will repeat what they did with the S4 in India. We will be getting the Exynos crap while the world enjoys the snapdragon. Sigh!!!

haha ^^ so do you want sammy to release phones with dual core crap and more crappy screen sizes and even crappier screens like fruits?

haha ^^ so do you want sammy to release phones with dual core crap and more crappy screen sizes and even crappier screens like fruits?

Just so you know, number of cores does not mean the OS performs better. Infact an OS is supposed to be ideally optimized to work with the processor available. One shouldn't just start bashing other companies for the sake of it, especially on the points which are not that relevant.
If you mentioned about software features, your statement would have been valid.

Moreover when all companies start putting the fruit company as benchmark to advertise their products people easily realize that the one which is being shown inferior is actually what these people are trying to complete. Like M$ bashing iPad in all their ads and then go and write off as loss the unsold 900 m$ worth of surfaces.

but AFAIK you are saying MS because they suffered a loss...sammy has bashed apple since s2 and they are doing better than ever....and for android it no longer is competing with ipad, its the other way around...plus if you know all things being equal obviously a processor with more cores is better than less cores...its like saying 1kg is heavier than 10kg....remember...all things being equal...which isnt really the case since it obviously it has more RAM as well...and android 4.3 with TRIM etc

but AFAIK you are saying MS because they suffered a loss...sammy has bashed apple since s2 and they are doing better than ever....and for android it no longer is competing with ipad, its the other way around...plus if you know all things being equal obviously a processor with more cores is better than less cores...its like saying 1kg is heavier than 10kg....remember...all things being equal...which isnt really the case since it obviously it has more RAM as well...and android 4.3 with TRIM etc

All things being equal also means the OSes have to be same which is not the case here. You can compare between different flagship androids as they all have almost the same version of android but comparing iOS and Android and then saying hardware of one is better than other is not right because the OSes work differently with the available processor.

yeah but the hardware is better for android phones...is what the statement is which doesnt care about multiprocessing or whatever os it is

yeah but the hardware is better for android phones...is what the statement is which doesnt care about multiprocessing or whatever os it is

Yes h/w is definitely better on android and will keep getting better as the software is not getting optimized to use the available resources infact the hardware will keep getting better as more and more features are added.

did i say that? why you are assuming something and talking some ****? everyone knows their so called octa exynos is just crap... even they knows that. I'm assuming this is one of reason for them to dispose all their indian S4's for lower rates :) TBF I'm waiting for N3 with S800 proc!

Havent followed Sammy in a while. Whats wrong with exynos?
Well there may not be anything wrong for normal users (which are 99%) but it's for the flasho-holics, No Custom ROM Support (well sort of none) due to the poor documentation of their exynos processors and not providing proper sources for the Devs, providing Kernel sources is not enough for development of custom roms. Exynos are down in the CM list of Development and even then something or other remains not working. Most of the Devs are not ready to touch the phones with exynos processor, Qualcomm is the most Dev Friendly. I'm not a dev so can't tell you much but I hope you get the idea. More from @Rahul++

I believe my N7000 also has an exynos chip but there are numerous roms which are updated almost weekly so I am not sure if thats the case

N7000 is old, we are talking about new exynos chip and CM has not yet started 10.2 (A4.3) with original Note or Note2 (I myself using Note2) and custom roms means built from AOSP, CM or AOKP and not Samsung TW roms.

Last edited:
I believe my N7000 also has an exynos chip but there are numerous roms which are updated almost weekly so I am not sure if thats the case
Ever noticed why the N7000 doesnt have a stable cyanogen build yet, while its AT&T sibling is getting all the love? :p

The biggest problem with the Exynos chips is the graphics driver, which Samsung just wont let loose. Even the Nexus 10 is having issues keeping up with AOKPs because Samsung just wont spill the codes!!

Well most dev friendly chip manufacturer was Texas Instruments but they are not in this game anymore. The galaxy nexus using their omap 4460 is in the league of it's own when it comes to dev support.

Qualcomm is just ok but they are much better than exynos, i think samsung don't like AOSP and don't want people to run the same on their phones.
No wonder why their TouchWiz is so heavily bloated and is just the opposite of stock android experience.

I hope this time ...samsung make note 3 different than all its previous designs ...all Samsung phones look a lot alike...though hardware wise they evolve ..but considering the design they never evolve out of it..............

samsung need to fix their design construction and use sturdier polycarbonate if they really want to make more durable device, cuz i think flexible display isn’t enough.

Back