RO Water Purifier

We've been using Zero B since 2005 and no complaints about it. But we have to replace the candles every one or two years which cost anything frmo 3 to 5k

RO Water Purifier. Is it the best water purifier available. Can someone help me with the best water purifier available?

Your question is not clear. RO is not a brand, it stands for Reverse Osmosis. It's the name of a process used for purification. It's the best technology available for consumer products.

Prices for RO purifiers are usually in the range of 10k+. Some brands which have RO products are Kent, Eureka Forbes.

Please state your budget and any other requirements so that members will be able to help you.[DOUBLEPOST=1378198433][/DOUBLEPOST]I have a Kent RO purifier. It's pretty good

Before deciding the purifier type (RO or UV) ask the company people to test the water. Depending on what they find in the water you need to choose the type.

Does RO remove minerals ?

Older ones used to. I am guessing that when the technology was new they either didnt had the know how or were too oblivious to what was happening or they didnt knew what side effects were being caused.
A friend has had the newer Kent RO purifier installed (been an yr now and hence it should be easily the norm or atleast available with most providers) and that one is said to be preserving the essential minerals. So it seems like the better and more logical choice.

if you have hard or salt water RO is useful but you have to change the membrane every few years and thats expensive else you can just use the normal UV based water purifier works fine in mumbai.

Also note that in RO process there is loss of water. so have to keep in mind collecting and using that water for plants and other stuffs.

@Prole73 research in that article suggests gravity fed systems can filter out killer viruses. do you have more info on this or any other source that can validate this claim? i would've carried out the test for my satisfaction but i don't know from where to procure Hep virus :D

gh.png

@Prole73 research in that article suggests gravity fed systems can filter out killer viruses. do you have more info on this or any other source that can validate this claim? i would've carried out the test for my satisfaction but i don't know from where to procure Hep virus :D

View attachment 43766
Dude, do not mess with the Hepatitis virus. It is deadlier than HIV and spreads much more easily compared to HIV.

Back