Restore on power loss for UPS

meehatpa

Disciple
Are there any UPS that can restore the last state after a power outage?

I have an APC BX1000 and whenever there is an outage/low voltage it works normally. Sometimes the outage is long enough that the ups runs out of juice and whenever that occurs I don't have any way of turning on my router/raspberry pi and some ip cameras attached to the ups without physically pushing the button when the power restores. I am looking for a replacement that could solve this.

I have my main router attached to a "router UPS". That works as how I want. If there are no solutions for this cheaply in the market, I am thinking to go for a bunch of pass-through power banks that will serve the same purpose.

Are there any UPS that can restore the last state after a power outage?

I have an APC BX1000 and whenever there is an outage/low voltage it works normally. Sometimes the outage is long enough that the ups runs out of juice and whenever that occurs I don't have any way of turning on my router/raspberry pi and some ip cameras attached to the ups without physically pushing the button when the power restores. I am looking for a replacement that could solve this.

I have my main router attached to a "router UPS". That works as how I want. If there are no solutions for this cheaply in the market, I am thinking to go for a bunch of pass-through power banks that will serve the same purpose.
My SUA 2200i has that option. Essentially it powers up after a specific amount of battery charge (configurable) has been accumulated. To be fair its just a simple functionality like putting a wire in live socket; the device attached would start.

Why don't you use 'router UPS' for them as well?
Because those output either 9V or 12V but I need 5V and I don't want to use a buck converter.
My SUA 2200i has that option. Essentially it powers up after a specific amount of battery charge (configurable) has been accumulated. To be fair its just a simple functionality like putting a wire in live socket; the device attached would start.
Thanks but seems too expensive than a bunch of power banks.

Then search for router UPS which has 5v dc. My router UPS has it and my router is using
Still does not help me much unless I cut wires to make barrel jack to convert to usb. Mind sharing better options with links to the products than asking me to search?

My point was that this functionality should be available with many UPses given that it is not that complicated. Have you tried searching for relevant setting for in APC power chute app for your UPS?
Unfortunately there's no connectivity from UPS to a PC, so powerchute can't do much with the current UPS.

Still does not help me much unless I cut wires to make barrel jack to convert to usb. Mind sharing better options with links to the products than asking me to search?
Mine was very close to like this https://www.amazon.in/dr-com-8000mAh-Battery-uninterrupted-Smartphone/dp/B08JD6B24Q . I bought it used here itself for much less. I did receive USB to barrel cable but it was short. So I made a longer one myself (by patching a USB cable to the power supply cord which had the barrel plug). You can easily find a readymade cable online.

Back