PC Peripherals Replacing HAF 922 with CM690 II Advanced

rakesh_ic

ex-Mod
Hi All,
I moved to Bangalore from Hyderabad and I would like to take my pc to bangalore now. I will be travelling in a train and now the "bigger" problem is to carry my huge cpu (HAF 922) along with a 24" Samsung monitor and also my heavy UPS alongside.
Hurdles faced -
1) Size is huge when packed in the chassis box (due to safety constraints I cant avoid packing it in its case) and so carrying it around along with the monitor (lets not talk about the UPS for now) is going to be a tough task.
2) Read somewhere that we should take an NOC to carry our pc inter-state and I am not sure where and what has to be done on this regard considering my 2 days stay in hyderabad before travelling back to blore.
Resolutions under consideration -
1) Carry the case with all the difficulty but if it needs an NOC and if someone catches me in the station, its gonna set me off and I would like to stay hassle-free.
2)Dismantle the pc, leave the chassis, pack the components in a suitcase and carry the monitor alone. This will set me off by some money as I will have to buy a new chassis.

Now if u consider the 2nd resolution, I was planning to get a CM690 II Advanced to replace my HAF 922 in bangalore itself. Will this be a good alternative?? Or is it really worth to carry my HAF all the way here considering CM690 II as my replacement option??
Note that if I am buying a CM690 II Adv, I will be selling off my HAF (to raise the funds and minimize the loss)

Please advice on these lines -
1) Is there an NOC issue while carrying the pc in train?
2) Will CM690 II serve me better or equivalent to HAF 922?

Ship the HAF using any surface courier for cheap, carry the components in suitcase :)
Are we talking about normal courier here or is there another way to ship computer peripherals with extreme care?

- - - Updated - - -

Also note that, I can get the CM690 II Advanced for almost free of cost (if i sell my HAF 922 + some coupons)

So is it an appropriate replacement for HAF 922?

Are we talking about normal courier here or is there another way to ship computer peripherals with extreme care?

- - - Updated - - -

Also note that, I can get the CM690 II Advanced for almost free of cost (if i sell my HAF 922 + some coupons)

You can opt for movers and packers service. They will come to your place, pack it as really well as required or as per your instructions and deliver to your target place when you are ready for delivery.
I used this service for sending my entire PC from Mumbai to Bangalore.

Talk to specialized service providers like GATI.

I used them to ship my PC from Bangalore -->Delhi, reached in a week's time.

Did not bother to remove anything from the cabinet just stuffed everything, put the cabinet in the box and sent it packing, nothing was damaged.

Overall will recommend them. Cheers!

I havent faced any issue taking my PC with me from chennai to bangalore back and forth. No one really cares what you take because you are relocating to a different place. I use to move my PC every 3 months back and forth both by bus and train. But yeah i am talking about things which i did in 2010.
Packers and movers are going to be costly and its not worth it. Hyderabad to bangalore is just a night time travel and no one cares about it.

Back