Audio Replacement for my EP-630s?

F-0ccY

Skilled
So, my second pair of EP-630's are showing signs of ageing.One side has stopped working and I just can't step out of the house without music in my ears.Can anyone suggest other earphones similar/better to/than the 630's?

^ Perfectly sums up the best of the budget range ;). The PL-21 would be better upgrade compared to PL-11.

The PL-30 is bass shy.. It has a very light , punchy bass. You won't like it if you have been in love with the EP-630s muddy bass.

On the other hand the PL-21 almost has a similar sound signature to the PL-30 with more heavy bass.

frankly i listen to rock and hate the artificial bass of the EP630

i can hardly hear the guitar strums in that

in pl21 and pl30 i can hear it clearly with actual bass

i love my Sennheiser CX400 its kick ass...u get them if u have a budget of above 3k

The Sound MagicPL30 looks good so far, might give it a try.Really lost when it comes to this since I absolutely loved the EP 630.

^ If you go for the PL-30 , you are going to miss the boom boom of 630..but you will have better things to appreciate about your music .A flawless detailed and smooth midrange !

I am confused between pl21 and pl30, I did a bit of research on google and it seems albeit pl30 having a better soundstage then pl21 people are recommending the pl21.

The similar pricing and the soundstage difference does make it hard to make a decision, I am inclined towards the pl21 but ummm! the pl30 still seem tempting.

Just to let you guys know the genres I am into are Indie, alternative, ost, rock, electronica (was once a fan but not much now), jazz, blues etc.

Also floccy sorry for hijacking your thread, we do float in the same boat though hope you don't mind.

pl30 u will miss the bass...but after the burning in and u getting used to ir u will absolutely love them...

pl21 well has better bass and acceptable clearity

Since you loved the Ep-630's boomboopmow, its got to be PL-21 for you at the moment. Drastic reduction in bass and change in earphone-shape/comfort, in one go, would not be a recommended option. Later, when you feel like and when your budget allows, you can directly move to nuforce NE-6 :eek:hyeah:. Would be the best VFM earphones for you.

Back