Budget 0-20k Refurbished/used laptops in Delhi/Gurgaon

calvin1719

Mostly harmless.
Adept
Does anyone have first hand experience with any dealers for used laptops in Delhi? Looing for recommendations of reliable places to buy one.

I could go to Nehru Place but I'm wary of buying from unknown folks, and it's also pretty far away. Saw some ads in Olx but again don't know how reliable these people are. I also looked at the acer online store and amazon renewed, they both seem a bit overpriced.

I've come across NewJaisa.com, oldcomputerdealers.com, gorefurbo.com (seems overpriced), laptopex.com, etc.

I'm looking for something around <15k ideally, and with a full HD screen. Don't really care much about processor performance. I just need it for some browsing/VC.

I could go to Nehru Place
I would recommend this. I bought a latitude around 2019. I went during early hours with less crowd and shops just opening. Checked the laptop for its condition and things like:

- If it boots properly

- Checking the device manager/bios for installed network card and specs

- Installing CPU-Z for quick bench to test thermals

- Checking the hinges for physical damages or display having any intermittent issues (with time latitudes develop this issue) while moving hinge

- Checking all the keys work

- Ascertaining battery degradation using hwinfo

All these can be done then and there.

I would recommend this. I bought a latitude around 2019. I went during early hours with less crowd and shops just opening. Checked the laptop for its condition and things like:

- If it boots properly

- Checking the device manager/bios for installed network card and specs

- Installing CPU-Z for quick bench to test thermals

- Checking the hinges for physical damages or display having any intermittent issues (with time latitudes develop this issue) while moving hinge

- Checking all the keys work

- Ascertaining battery degradation using hwinfo

All these can be done then and there.
Any shop recommendations?
Or failing that, any idea of which general building I should be looking in? I'm not very familiar with the place.

Or failing that, any idea of which general building I should be looking in?
It's been too long, but if I remember correctly it was on the first floor in the same building where bitkart is located. From google search I saw one shop called optimist laptops (just to get an idea), it's actually near where I bought mine. There are multiple similar shops, be ready with a rough spec and budget in mind so you avoid getting swindled. If they have wrapped a laptop in polythene and don't allow for testing it then ignore the shop.

Last edited:
To be frank, saying "I can connect" instead of just putting the name and your experience with them says to me that you're acting like an affiliate. There's no point in saying "I can connect" and not provide details about the business and your experience. You need to say in what capacity and what basis you are recommending someone.

Anyway, if anyone's interested, took a gamble and bought one today. For anyone who knows the area, went to Janakpuri DC instead of Nehru Place, because NP was way too ****ing far. Got an L490 for 15.5k. Pretty decent deal compared to other offline and online shops I think, including Amazon. The condition is really pristine, no signs of wear on the keyboard or the touchpad, no scratches on the top cover. Around 88% battery capacity remaining.

Now to hope that it doesn't develop any problems in a few months. The vendor was universal computers in Janakpuri.

To be frank, saying "I can connect" instead of just putting the name and your experience with them says to me that you're acting like an affiliate. There's no point in saying "I can connect" and not provide details about the business and your experience. You need to say in what capacity and what basis you are recommending someone.

Anyway, if anyone's interested, took a gamble and bought one today. For anyone who knows the area, went to Janakpuri DC instead of Nehru Place, because NP was way too ****ing far. Got an L490 for 15.5k. Pretty decent deal compared to other offline and online shops I think, including Amazon. The condition is really pristine, no signs of wear on the keyboard or the touchpad, no scratches on the top cover. Around 88% battery capacity remaining.

Now to hope that it doesn't develop any problems in a few months. The vendor was universal computers in Janakpuri.
Bro , i said in a tone that if you are interestd , can share in fo to you . neverthless , Happy that you got want you want .

Back