PC Peripherals recommend core i7 Rig for 2d/3d rendering , morphing(image processing)

this rig is not for me

it will be built for my uncle who is a plastic surgeon and needs a highly stable and good performance high end computer system

1. Q: What is your budget?
1. 80 -90K

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration ?
nothing existing will be used

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
1. plenty of storage (internal /external)

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy
1. CPU - Intel Core i7 920
2. Motherboard - Gigabyte X58 UD5 / Asus p6T
3. GPU - Hd 4890 / HD 5770
4. Ram - no clue abt the ram..need to be available locally and shud be perfectly compatible wid the 1366 ...read plenty of threads abt the rams not being workin at the specified timings. . i think 6 gb tri channel shud suffice

5. Lcd : a 22 incher (Space constraints on the desk)
6. Cabby : a 5/6k cabby again space is a constraint , wud like somethin tht is not too large and got good airflow i guess theres just enuf space to fit in a cm690

7 Heatsink : 2/3 k heatsink
8. Storage : 1 tb wd black for os / apps
1 tb green for data dumping

PSU : i think vx 550 shud suffice

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Core components wud be same ..upgrades in storage / graphic card may be done as per necessity

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
1. Mumbai , if availability is an issue then can source from TE dealers

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
1. No

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
2d / 3d image processing , morphing

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike?
personally am using asus mobo and am happy wid it.. also built computers wid gigabyte mobos so these two are my options for the motherboard

i have a saphire hd 4850 which is the coolest ive ever seen and works flawlessly
but wid the recent news of sapphire 5770 ..80 shaders dissapearin issue so am wary of sapphire now for 5770

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Dunno but i think my cousin arnd the same age as me wud like to take the advantage of his fathers new acquisition . guess gaming shud not be a problem on this system..i can max out most of the games on my hd4850 ..

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

22inch ==> 1080p
guess even the apps he wud be usin for his graphic intensice jobs wont require more than 1920 x 1080 res

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Not at the moment

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
1. Windows 7 64 bit
2. Xp
system wont be overclocked as of now,
dun think theres any need for a sound card atm

also wud a need a nice ergonomic pair of keyboard and mouse wireless preferred

plz check the above config and guide me
i do not have a first hand experience with the i7 system

so members with more insight and the users already wid the i7 systems can pitch in wid their suggestions

lookin foward to building this monster of a rig

TIA

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

2d / 3d image processing , morphing

What exactly in this field. For sure not gaming. You mean, 3d modeling software...?

i dont think its gonna be heavy 3d rendering... he said he works more with 2d images

i presume something tht plastic surgeons use to show their clientele how their physical appearances wud appear after the surgery and other related sutff
am building this rig for my uncle who is a reconstructive plastic surgeon . and he wants an i7 rig after i told him tht its the latest processor and quite a powerful one at tht...

for the field he works in u can check out his website.

Padam Shri Dr. Ashok Gupta ::: Consultant Plastic Surgeon at Dubai - UAE & Mumbai - India

warning the photogallery contains some disturbing images..

If possible could you ask, what type of software packages/OS they use. He might need a PRO card (FireGL, Quadro)

ok will confirm abt the graphics part ...

apart from the card plz check other components

and recommend ram 6 gb ddr3 ram tht works perfectly out of the box with the i7 920 and giga x58..

ankitmane said:
ok will confirm abt the graphics part ...

apart from the card plz check other components

and recommend ram 6 gb ddr3 ram tht works perfectly out of the box with the i7 920 and giga x58..

Processor: Core i7 920

Motherboard: Gigabyte X58 UD5

RAM: GSkill F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI Memory (the UD5 is on the supported list)

Cabinet + PSU*: Antec Sonata III 500 Quiet Super w/ Antec 500EW 80%+ efficient PSU

Display: Samsung 22" P2250 Lavender Series Full HD 1920x1080p

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB + WD Caviar Green 1TB

Processor Cooling: Scythe Mugen 2

*Im assuming that the work environment needs something that won't make a lot of noise. In which case, the above mid-tower is your best bet.(Do not forget to ask for the optional front-mounted 120mm Tricool fan)

I've suggested most of the core components, for the others, go with your preference/wait for more suggestions. Input devices as per your usuage/preference. Post back with the kind of workload this thing will be put through for some proper GPU recommendations.

Core i5 920 - 14.5k
Gigabyte EX58-UD5 - 16.1k
Corsair TR3X1GB-1333 XMS3 C9 3GB Kit - 4.5k
Western Digital Green 1TB - 4k + Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB - 5.6k
CoolerMaster HAF 922 - 6.5k/ LanCool DragonLord PC-K62 - 6.9k
BenQ 24" G2420 FULL HD LCD Monitor - 11.3k
Corsair TX750W - 8k
Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5 - 16.8k
Coolermaster Hyper 212 - 2.2K

TOTAL - 89.4k

Even my own uncle wanted a rig similar to this.

What they expect as top priority is working flawlessly(No delays whatsoever), Quietness , Not consuming lota space ,Some people hate very high resolutions(We are used to it, not them).

I don't know about the Sonata but if it's silent go for it and mostly these PC's will sit around in AC room's.

Back