Recommend an ADSL + Wifi router :)

btw i don't know about wifi but my 2 years old tp-link 8840T is working fine with almost 24*7 usage even in delhi/NCR summer in a top floor room with just a cooler/fan(no AC) though i only download from 2-8AM(bsnl night free plan).
That's not full 24x7 usage, that's 6 hours or one quarter usage.

The wifi radio should last 3-5 years. If you put it on schedule or have an external wifi switch, no need to have the radio on when its not in use.

Guys,

My Beetel 450Bx1 that came with the Airtel broadband connection has conked off.

I require a replacement. The beetel one was just fine for my needs (2mbps broadband connection + wifi usage for mobile and ps3).

Any similar alternative?

And pardon my ignorance, but i think Beetel 450bx is a modem+Router. Am i correct? If so, i need a similar device.

The tp-link w8961 will be a better replacement.

if you need USB & 3G then tp-link w8969

Thanks.

How is TP-LINK TD-W8951ND 150Mbps Wireless N ADSL2 Modem Router ?

I guess the one you suggested is 300 Mbps. The one above is 150 Mbps.

I don't think i really need 300 Mbps. Even if in future i upgrade to 8/16 Mbps broadband plan ?

What kind of wifi clients are you using ? the mobile does not need more than 150mbs.

What about your ps3 ?
I don't know for sure. But PS3 and mobile/laptop work at 2mbps with Beetle ADSL2+ 450Bx1 wifi model.[DOUBLEPOST=1369997917][/DOUBLEPOST]Point is whatever i buy it should not be worse than Beetle ADSL2+ 450Bx1 in terms of speed/connectivity/coverage.

Cannot see any reason why the 8951 will be worse than the 450-BX1.

Your usage seems basic and you have no issues so range everything is acceptable.

Onlt thing i would say is if you download 24x7 then seperate modem & router. Otherwise you will have to replace the entire unit if just the modem gives out.

Hey guys,

Finally I've shifted residence and am at my new place :D Was disconnected from internet for almost a week and hence couldn't check this thread.

Thanx a lot for all the replies guys. Will read up on this thread and make an informed decision :)

Will surely let you guys know what I bought :)

Back