Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

When you say ' Not for everyone ' you mean only for Tamil speaking audiance?
No for Telugu speaking audience.

This is not Taml movie. It's Telugu. There are subtitles too if you want to watch.
This is a different kind of love story and will also trigger several age groups. Though the movie is mostly aimed at teenage groups, some people who watch with a predetermined negative bias, may not like the movie.

Have there been any good shark movies other than Jaws?
Deep Blue Sea??
Also James Gunn's Suicide squad movie, if we consider King Shark.
These both are decent.

And same thing with dinosaurs. After Jurassic Park, it's all been mediocre to outright trash.
Jurassic World (2015) and King Kong (2005: that small fight scene with small dinos) are good right?

Last edited:
Have there been any good shark movies other than Jaws?

Errrr… hello ? This masterpiece.

Bbs3HTv.jpg

dhmA3XH.jpg

Sympathy for the Devil (2023) - 7/10

Complex story which is revealed in layers keeping the mystery element. Mainly watched it for Nicolas Cage and he delivered with a powerful performance. Joel Kinnaman was good too.

Have there been any good shark movies other than Jaws? And same thing with dinosaurs. After Jurassic Park, it's all been mediocre to outright trash.
Once the novelty is gone, it's very difficult to recreate an experience close to the original.
The Shallows was a decent one time watch.
Sympathy for the Devil (2023) - 7/10

Complex story which is revealed in layers keeping the mystery element. Mainly watched it for Nicolas Cage and he delivered with a powerful performance. Joel Kinnaman was good too.
The trailer gave me Collateral vibes but heh, I will watch it for Cage.

Watching Kantara again. Such a great story telling. Originally watched it in Kannada with subtitles but watched it again in telugu. Really great story telling.

Kashmir Files: 7/10.

Somewhat impressed; genocide related scenes are very well made, rest of the movie feels like a big seminar - too many dialogs. I feel like if those dialogs are written in paper, it could be bigger than some engg books.
While the rest of the cast is fantastic, the lead actor might be the worst choice. Cinematography is simple yet amazing.

I absolutely loved Jawan as well. I felt it's a movie that's very self-aware of all the masala tropes, doesn't try to stupidly justify any of the plot holes, and in fact, makes fun of them and delivers a superbly entertaining experience. Plus, Vijay Sethupathi has an unreal screen presence. Absolutely loved the movie overall. With the suspension of disbelief, I'm glad this movie didn't play it safe.

Barbie: Intolerable the first 20 mins or so. Afterwards it's relatively better. But still, I failed to see the underlying point, if there was any.
5/10 was my rating on imdb, but felt more like 3. Probably will revise later

Tumbbad (2018) - 10/10
Excellent script backed by exceptional performances. Meaningful movie that shows you the reality of society in general. A great life lesson for the majority of us who are in sleep, perpetually.

Back