Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

Guys need suggestion of iem for 1.6k with good build quality. Upgrading from soundmagic pl21, the casing of my pl21 is coming apart.
Tried soundmagic es18, didn't like the bass, i liked pl21 more, the overall quality of pl21 is better for me.

Leaning towards soundmagic e10 for 1.3k(using coupon) from hs18 OR
Sennheiser CX 180 from SMC.

Are there any other options available under 1.6k.
Waiting for your reply.
Thanks

Some balanced goodness arrived today after they braved hurricane Sandy =/

Got to go pick up some pads for them first, fingers crossed and hoping the local stores have them in stock.

EDIT:

spHrP.jpg

Balanced Grado RS2. Terminated with a male XLR and the adapter for RSA/ALO balanced usage. Been wanting something for just my guitar intensive blues and 60s rock and roll which is predominately what I listen to. It was always going to be a Grado. Narrowed it down to the RS2 and RS1. They both sounded pretty much the same to my ears but the highs seemed a bit more prominent on the RS1 which led to me picking the RS2 over them.

Haven't had enough time to enjoy them for a long stretch, thankfully tomorrow is an off day :)

Traded the protector for the Hifiman He4.

That's the SR71B. Better for my current usage of full size cans and iems all from one setup.

It's a really old RS2, some say they are better than RS2i. So I thought I'd try then out. Worked out to about 300 inclusive of shipping but without the recabling work.

How's the JH16 doing? I'm almost certainly buying the JH13 again :( shouldn't have sold the first pair. Can't seem to find anything else that will replace it.

The Philips X1 seems very nice going by the impressions thread on headfi. I think I might be willing to drop 15k odd on it if/when it becomes available in India.

Guys I am thinking about selling my ATH AD900 for abt 11.5k, if anyone is interested, let me know. Its in mint condition and has been used for about 400 hours including burn in of 200 hours.

@hahahari
Just now bought a HD598 not too impressed with that ,i will be giving it to my friend comign week to see if he likes it , if he is ready to take it i might pick up the a900 :).2 weeks back we might struck a deal outright i wanted a900 just coz its out of stock decided for hd598

Last edited by a moderator:
Used from headfi?

Cheapest used pair I've seen in SG was going for 11k. Probably cheaper from a US seller though.

Have you tried it out before? I could never get a proper seal.

Back