CPU/Mobo Question about XFX630i

i m plaining to buy a XFX 630i mobo so my question is that this mobo requires a 8pin connector to power the CPU and my existing PSU does not have an 8pin connecter so can i just use the 4pin?

will it give me any problems?

might pair it up with an E2160(65W CPU Correct me if i m wrong)

instead of my pentium D930(which consumes over 110W power)

U have dedicated graphics card, right 8600GTS ??

Why not get P35 chipset mobo, Biostar TP35D2-A7 or Abit IP35-E, or Giga, MSi P35 Neo any which is avl.

Yes U can use 4pin connector, no issue,.

well i dont have many choices its either asus,intel or XFX.

the availability is an issue because many have to get them from other cities and then they sell them to u on higher prices so that's the main reason for 630i.

asus r simply crap

intel do not offer over clocking features

XFX offer many features + good for mild over clocking and if the GPU goes bad i will have a backup (because i have a very bad experience when it comes to GPUs).

and+ my budget(5500PKR=$80=3500INR) prevents me from getting a some other good mobo. if someone can suggest a good mobo within that range that would be good.

IMO, if u alreay hav a discrete Graphics card then u better stay away frm the 630i. Ya i know it comes feature packed but that single channel memory bus will b an unnecessary nuissance......moreover u can get the BIOSTAR P35 mentioned above for mayb 1k more

well since i m still a student so i m dependent on my father and he is buying a rig for him self so just a little amount of money is left for me so cant raise up the budged and also availability is an issue too, some of the MSI ones r available, most of the asus boards, all the intel range and XFX so not much chooses

Yes u can use a 4 pin.

and also in your budget the XFX 630i will be Ok.
But considering a biostar 630 based board is available for around 2K here in india
the prices u are getting are exorbitant.so better save some more money and get a P35 board for your OC needs.

thanks for ur inputs i really appreciate it.

@mpranav

ur input was the best simple and clear

i think i should wait some tome and save money for a P35 board

Back