Storage Solutions Query on seagate SV35 series 7200.2 HDD

ms_mahu

Adept
Hi friends,

Need your advise

I had ordered a seagate 320GB 7200.10 hdd from an online shopping site last week. Today I got the shipment and found that I received a SEAGATE ST3320620SV SV35 series HDD.

Anyone in TE using this drive? How is the performance wrt 7200.10 series drive?
I won't be interested in any benchmark scores, if this drive is comparable with 7200.10 drives for normal usage (will be using this a OS disk, will have music,video and pictures), I will keep this.

Let me know if it is good to continue using this or should I contact vendor for replacement.

regards

Mahesh

am using the 320gig SV35 drive, using it for storing my HD movies. SV35 uses the same perpendicular recording as 7200.10, it has a high transfer rate, only this is the latency is high compared to 7200.10. Yes its good for normal usage.

Thanks

I'm keeping this. However will write to the vendor asking their stance. They didn't bother to inform me this prior to shipping.

Hmm.. Think Seagate is shipping these in bulk now. Got a 250 giger for a friend last week and got the same SV35 series one. All retailers seem to be selling this over the 7200.10.

Back