Queries about the newly purchased X360.

sn4k382

Disciple
Jun 10, 2008
I recently purchased a X360 console from the market section and had a few queries about the same.

My knowledge is more than sufficient but I would like to confirm a few things (Have screwed up two Xbox consoles way back with the same knowledge :eek:hyeah: )

I may add new queries as they come up. So here is the first one:

The xbox came with the Indian version of the power brick. Now the plug end of the brick is this huge :S and the only switch board where it fits is in my kitchen. So now i wanted to know if i could:

1. Use a converter plug where i put in the bigger end of the brick and then attach it to my spike buster since the connecting end is smaller
2. Get a new spike buster that has the bigger version of holes
3. Can I use a regular cable that is used to connect to a PC cabinet or monitor. The only catch is those have three holes but the power prick has two connectors

Brendon

Skilled
Mar 21, 2005
Hi, I have no idea why they use the big plug. The amount of electricity the console needs is more than sufficient for a normal plug to be used. Anyways, you can safely use a step down converter plug (You get it for like 30 bucks from an electrical goods store)

I use a similar converter on my Xbox 360 and it has been working perfectly for over a year now without the dreaded RROD. Though it did flash 3 red rings once. Thankfully it meant that it only overheated. So I immediately placed it in a better ventilated place and it works flawlessly even when I play it for 3 - 4 hours at a stretch. :)